Sponsored

Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
This looks great! However, for folks with white Jeeps there is now a MOPAR Jeep White three piece molding kit #82216413AA available...just ordered to go with the Satin Black Grill I ordered!
Nice! I would have reconsidered my choice and gone with the satin grill had I known they had a pre-painted grill molding kit in white. Hmmmm, It may not be too late to change it up. Thanks for bringing to my attention.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeachJunkie

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Willys
“This Genuine Mopar Replacement Grill comes in service black “primer” finish that is ready for paint”

That looks like the unfinished grill replacement rather than the Satin Black Grill Upgrade, https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/grille-wrangler-jl

Not sure if you’re planning on finishing it but be careful of it fading.
I wonder why Jeep doesn’t offer this one-piece grill (for Sport models) in Satin Black painted finish, too. Seems like they offer that as a factory option. It would save the task of having the unfinished part painted. Or I suppose I could just have the original gloss back on my 2020 JLU Willys repainted satin black.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I saw this listing the other day while shopping..

VIN: 1C4HJXDG9MW514769
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler 1d256699181cdbbac4d97d00a453d5e9x-01

This looks like a photo of the actual vehicle on the dealer lot. It's a Sport, the window sticker says it was ordered with the satin grille. I don't know if this is empirical evidence that what you order will be the same, but it makes me think the rendering on the Jeep website is not accurate, and ordering the satin grille from the factory also gets you body colored trim and the Mopar grille with black inserts.

Edit: I scrambled the image where the dealer logos were, I didn't want this to look like an advertisement.

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I would have reconsidered my choice and gone with the satin grill had I known they had a pre-painted grill molding kit in white. Hmmmm, It may not be too late to change it up. Thanks for bringing to my attention.
It’s new! Jeep appears to be releasing a Special Edition 305 in the FL market that is white, so this is a replacement part for that vehicle. I have some reservations as the kit was priced at +/-$75 shipped while the “ready to paint” version was about $115 shipped.
I will post once I receive and inspect.

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Received this week and everything was perfect!

48030C10-3B9E-47BF-8C85-1C34B393E9BF.jpeg

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I had to change mine.

Willys 1 piece to the mopar 4 piece.

DSCF2263.JPG

bt.JPG
I am wondering, if I buy the Rubicon satin bladk grill,do they sell a 3 pice fire cracker red trim kit for it.

Last edited:

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering, if I buy the Rubicon satin bladk grill,do they sell a 3 pice fire cracker red trim kit for it.
To my knowledge, the only pre-painted color you can find the three piece trim kit is white. Not sure why...

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
This looks great! However, for folks with white Jeeps there is now a MOPAR Jeep White three piece molding kit #82216413AA available...just ordered to go with the Satin Black Grill I ordered!
Do you know if I have a white Willys and get the kit if it would work?

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Does anyone know if they sell the Willys gloss black grille, is it one pice and will it fit the jlu sport?

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Does anyone know if they sell the Willys gloss black grille, is it one pice and will it fit the jlu sport?
To answer your second question..Yes,it's the same and will fit a sport...
My friend with a Willys and I just put grilles on our Jeeps yesterday..Both originals are identical.
My Sport S

20201030_125819.jpg

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Received this week and everything was perfect!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler 20201030_125819
OK, I'm breaking down and ordering the satin grille and the white surrounds. Question.... Should I be looking to purchase any specialty parts for the install or can the stock clips, gasket and grille inserts all be swapped over? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored