Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler

thesuepahfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport
As @Rhinebeck01 said, the Sport model comes with the one piece grill, either painted or satin black if you pick that option. The Sahara/Rubicon come with a multi piece grill and contrasting color trim rings. When you buy the Mopar Satin grill you transfer the painted pieces off your grill onto it.
Gregj
Can confirm. 2020 JLU Rubicon. Super easy to do.

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Can anyone confirm that when you order the optional black satin Mopar grille on a new Jeep Wrangler Sport S (2-door or 4-door) whether the side molding pieces remain black or do they come painted the body color of the Jeep?

If you look at the attached photo from the Jeep website when building it, you see what I'm talking about: on the left is the Jeep with the optional Mopar grille and those black trim pieces just below and in front of the hood latch. On the right, is the Jeep with the body-matching grille and matching trim pieces.

Seems odd that those trim pieces would stay black if you ordered this optional grille with your factory build. (I realize these are computer-generated renditions while building a Jeep online, so I don't totally trust that every detail is accurate.) If you do the same build on the Rubion, the website shows that the trim pieces are the body color, unlike when you do it on the Sport.

There are many threads/posts about buying the grille separately after ordering the Jeep, and that you must also buy a 3-piece molding kit, which is black like the grille. However, what if you order it new during your factory build?
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler 30DCC664-967B-4314-8F75-F7D87EC3419A
I found that a rattle can of Plastidip worked just fine, gave the same result, and cost much less...

ycart1201

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl Unlimited Rubicon & 2018 Wrangler Sport S 2 Door
I have a sport and ordered the satin grille. Like everyone said, you have to order the trim molding separate and paint it. Love the way it turned out though!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler 30DCC664-967B-4314-8F75-F7D87EC3419A
Looks great! Did you paint the trim pieces yourself? If so, where did you get the matching paint? If not, what’s it cost to have a shop paint them? TIA

Sponsored

ryansjeep48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Looks great! Did you paint the trim pieces yourself? If so, where did you get the matching paint? If not, what’s it cost to have a shop paint them? TIA
Originally I ordered the matching paint from quadratecs website and decided to paint it myself. I did not like the way it turned out at all. Color matched, but it’s hard to replicate the clear coat look and feel. I called around and finally found a shop that was willing to paint them for me. I ended up paying $140. Not the cheapest, but I was already in too deep to stop where I was lol.

ycart1201

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Originally I ordered the matching paint from quadratecs website and decided to paint it myself. I did not like the way it turned out at all. Color matched, but it’s hard to replicate the clear coat look and feel. I called around and finally found a shop that was willing to paint them for me. I ended up paying $140. Not the cheapest, but I was already in too deep to stop where I was lol.
thanks for the info. This helps with my decision on how to move forward

ycart1201

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a rubicon though right?
I do (that’s the red one in my avatar) but I also bought a 2 door sport s about a month ago as another toy to build and I wanted to upgrade the grille to the rubicon version.

Sponsored

ryansjeep48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I do (that’s the red one in my avatar) but I also bought a 2 door sport s about a month ago as another toy to build and I wanted to upgrade the grille to the rubicon version.
Ohhh, nice! I was about to say you shouldn’t need to paint anything with the rubicon grille. lol

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Looks great! Doing the same on my white sport. Did you paint the 3 new trim pieces yourself or did you pay to have the trim pieces painted?
Thanks, I had to get the bead rings for my wheels painted and had the body shop did the 3 trim pieces at the same time. 5 bead locks and 3 trim pieces was $250

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome.
This looks great! However, for folks with white Jeeps there is now a MOPAR Jeep White three piece molding kit #82216413AA available...just ordered to go with the Satin Black Grill I ordered!

Mountaineers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it looks unfinished one way or the other. I installed the one piece grill in all black.

This looks great! However, for folks with white Jeeps there is now a MOPAR Jeep White three piece molding kit #82216413AA available...just ordered to go with the Satin Black Grill I ordered!
Sponsored