Sponsored

Mopar Satin Grille for Jeep Wrangler

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@swish77

Glad you got that sorted out.... your JL is gonna be looking good.

You seem rightfully so.... psyched, about the JL you have on order...

You might want to start reading the Owner's Manual. The manual for the 2021 is not available yet but undoubtedly, it will not be much different then the 2020 manual.

For a free copy of the 2020 JL, Owner's Manual, in pdf form, just click HERE.
Suggest you read all you can about your JL before it arrives.

Oh, once you take delivery of your JL, -you can then call -the Dedicated Jeep Customer Care: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 and ask that they send you the JL Owner's Manual in paperback form. They will oblige and at no charge to you. No, you will not find the Owner's Manual in your JL on delivery day.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2020 JL came with a paper manual.
@jeme

You sure it was the 657 page, Owner's Manual or was it the smaller User's Guide...

Check and post back here. Unless FCA, has made a change, my guess is you had the User's Guide come with your 2020...

Either way though, the paper Owner's Manual is huge and well, I'd rather leave it on the shelf and have the pdf Owner's Manual on my Smart phone with me.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
@jeme

You sure it was the 657 page, Owner's Manual or was it the smaller User's Guide...

Check and post back here. Unless FCA, has made a change, my guess is you had the User's Guide come with your 2020...

Either way though, the paper Owner's Manual is huge and well, I'd rather leave it on the shelf and have the pdf Owner's Manual on my Smart phone with me.
I will go check but it is about 2 inches thick. I believe it is the owners manual. It came with a users guide as well. Agreed about leaving it on the shelf, it is also digitally available under apps on the Uconnect 8.4 - I think....

Sponsored

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I will go check but it is about 2 inches thick. I believe it is the owners manual. It came with a users guide as well. Agreed about leaving it on the shelf, it is also digitally available under apps on the Uconnect 8.4 - I think....
Yeah I got the full owners manual in paperback in the 2020. Comes in a green topo designed bag.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That's just the "Essential Information Guide". The "Owner's Manual" is over an inch thick.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jeme
@BCalvin

Well, looks like FCA is sending out Owner's Manual with the 2020 JL. That's good to hear/know.

Sponsored

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, and it confirms what I thought. Because the Sport grille has the bottom and side pieces molded into the main part, you need the separate molding kit if you’re swapping it out for the Mopar black satin grille. That’s if you do it after ordering/buying a Sport with the standard body-color grille.

What’s surprising, to me anyway, is that it’s the same situation even if you order the Mopar grille as an option when building the Sport. I’m surprised Jeep doesn’t paint the trim pieces the body color when you order it as a factory/custom build. It became an issue because I just ordered a 2021 Sport and I wanted that grille option, but now I’m not sure because it looks a little “unfinished” when the grille trim is not the same color as the body.
I don't think it looks unfinished one way or the other. I installed the one piece grill in all black.

IMG_0743 (2).JPG

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I don't think it looks unfinished one way or the other. I installed the one piece grill in all black.

IMG_0743 (2).JPG
I like the bumper mounted KC Lights! How are they mounted?
Gregj

OP
OP

swish77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door

IMG_0743 (2).JPG
Looks great! Is this the Mopar satin black grille for the Sport model (part # 82215114)? And did it all come in one piece or did you need separate side and bottom molding/trim pieces?

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That's great they are coming with the Owner's Manuals now!

This is what came with mine. About 500 pages and an inch thick.
Sponsored