Sponsored

MOPAR RV Harness installed, works on other car but not on RV?

JeepN3RD

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2a, 2019 JLU Sport S
So I wanted to see what the brain trust thought about this electrical "issue?" I am hooking up for the first time to flat tow my 2019 Jeep Wrangler and I had the MOPAR RV harness installed on the Jeep. Essentially that is plugged in directly to the Jeep harness at various places (tail lights, etc.) pretty extensive install.

My installer had it all working great, tested it, but not getting any lights / brakes / turn signals when hooked up to our 1999 Country Coach Intrigue #10848 7 pin plug.

I tested it myself after by hooking up the Jeep /harness to my 2015 Dodge Durango and everything worked fantastic, running lights, brakes, turn signals, all worked just like you would expect with a "trailer"

So that 'proves' the MOPAR RV harness on the Jeep is working great. Next I hooked up a 7 pin tester tool that uses LEDs to show you are getting the various signals on the RV 7 pin.

It shows quite nicely when I turn on the running lights/headlights, turn signals, brakes and backup. All the LEDS light up as expected.

Tried Jeep one last time and still nothing, I was thinking maybe it would be a really "weak" light (dim) but not seeing anything at all.

My installer suggested maybe a fuse on the RV, but not sure how (a blown fuse or relay) would allow enough signal to show on the tester but not on the Jeep?

What I am wondering is there a "known difference" in the power output needed from a 7 pin designed / built / installed in the 90s vs current 7 pin technology?

Not that this helps much but I am 90% sure my tow dolly sights / 4 pin adapter worked ok on the RV. Have not tried a normal trailer to see if it works on the RV at the moment.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepN3RD

JeepN3RD

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2a, 2019 JLU Sport S
JUST found that other thread where the RV did not have 12v run to their 7 pin, they added that and worked instantly so will see if that is true on mine as well. But in their case it was low voltage issue, apparently MOPAR / Jeep does not allow it to work at all in that situation.