Mopar Rust Inhibitor, Undercoat, & Paint Sealant

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Has anyone gotten the Mopar Rust Inhibitor, Undercoat, & Paint Sealant applied to their Jeep? I just picked up my JLR yesterday and this was the first time that I was made aware of Mopar offering something like this. I find it a bit far-fetched that only 1 application is needed and then vehicle is covered for life from any rust (not caused by the owner of course).

Was hoping to get some reviews of it prior to making a decision. Dealer said I have 30 days to decide. I was thinking about getting Fluid Film applied anyways, so if this is similar or better, it may just make sense to go with the Mopar option.
Sponsored

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The dealer told me it was water based so I passed on it and just got Krown undercoating. I don't know if it was the same as they are offering you, but they said it was guaranteed for only 10 years. With Krown you have to get it done yearly, but they do offer a lifetime warranty. I am always weary of dealers offering lifetime warranty as in the past I got it and when I applied for warranty, they showed me the fine print that says they don't cover rust outs due to weak paint, which made the warranty useless. If I were you just go for the Fluid Film and apply yearly.

As for paint protection, unless they are putting on some type of wrap, it is useless too. Dealer applied paint protection only lasted 6 months for me and didn't bead water after that.

TL:DR I don't trust dealers. They are over-priced for what you get, and can be had a lot cheaper elsewhere.