Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone using the mopar roof rack for their 2-door hardtops? I've only seen them on JLUs so far.

The instructions clearly say that you should not clamp the front rack to the freedom panel drip rails, but I'm wondering if this is a real issue? Even at highway speeds?

I'm planning on taking some road trips to go snowboarding and don't see how I could get enough spacing to throw the snowboards up there if I'm only clamping to the bolted down hardtop.
Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Is anyone using the mopar roof rack for their 2-door hardtops? I've only seen them on JLUs so far.

The instructions clearly say that you should not clamp the front rack to the freedom panel drip rails, but I'm wondering if this is a real issue? Even at highway speeds?

I'm planning on taking some road trips to go snowboarding and don't see how I could get enough spacing to throw the snowboards up there if I'm only clamping to the bolted down hardtop.
Look here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-door-roof-rack-options.24397/

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
When I had my two door I’d just throw the boards inside. I never ran my rear seat anyway.

OP
OP
broox

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my two door I’d just throw the boards inside. I never ran my rear seat anyway.
Well, I was hoping to have my wife, dog, and our gear on the inside! I might end up just taking her SUV and wishing I had a JLU for the longer road trips.

Sponsored

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Well, I was hoping to have my wife, dog, and our gear on the inside! I might end up just taking her SUV and wishing I had a JLU for the longer road trips.
What kind of spoiled dog do you have that it requires a full bench seat to itself? :LOL:

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR

I use the Yakima poles that mount to the gutters on my 2 door and have my 18 foot kayak up there all the time. I have the sunrider in place of the freedom panels and the racks are only connected on the hard top portion. Everything is fine on long trips at highway speeds with that so I am sure snow boards will be fine.

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
Nice. Got any photos of that kayak up there, @shwemp ?
Here it is with the kayak and then without after I added a basket. Kayak goes in the j-lows and other stuff in the basket. Everything is attached to the poles so when I am not using it (winter) the whole thing comes off as one unit.

946C8DDC-4325-412B-BBD6-B7AC39C1DF56.jpeg

1AFCDAC8-01CB-4C90-93BB-72641F8CB23A.jpeg

kennware

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Ocean Blue Metallic
Here it is with the kayak and then without after I added a basket. Kayak goes in the j-lows and other stuff in the basket. Everything is attached to the poles so when I am not using it (winter) the whole thing comes off as one unit.

946C8DDC-4325-412B-BBD6-B7AC39C1DF56.jpeg

1AFCDAC8-01CB-4C90-93BB-72641F8CB23A.jpeg
Is that the Mopar roof rack you have installed?