Mopar Roof Rack Mods (security, paint protection, + whistling SOLVED)

1. OP
    OP
    paulr

paulr Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Gray JLUR
    Liked:
    It’s not necessarily theft of the rack, it’s what’s in the rack. For example expensive skis stored overnight. If you can just remove the rack and take the skis and all easily then it’s an issue. Obviously anyone really determined will get it off regardless but a deterrent is helpful.

Grateful1 likes this.
  2. Rubi2876

Rubi2876 Active Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    That makes sense! Like if you have a cargo tub or something, its easier to just unbolt the rack and then off with the goods! I swear this world :( I'm debating on getting the Mopar or the Rhino Rack vortex R110. The mopars look like the stick out on the sides of the vehicle more than the rhino rack ones, also they look higher in the pics. My goal is a batwing awning so as tight as I can get the awning to the vehicle is the goal. I would like to have a rooftop tent and all the fun stuff but it doesn't warrant the cost. I don't want to drill into my hardtop, nor do I want a full gobi style rack because of gas mileage/daily driver.

3. Grateful1

Grateful1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    ‘98 TJ Sport / ‘18 JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    I think I read on this thread or a previous thread the Thule lock works with Mopar RR. Replace the outside bolt with the lock.