Sponsored

Mopar Roof Rack A Good Buy / Compatible with third party (Thule or Yakima) boxes/trays/holders??

Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
I'm having a lot of trouble finding good intel on these Mopar Racks:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/removable-roof-rack-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

They seem well-made, and I love that you can buy aftermarket locks for them. But I can't seem to get confirmation that they work with a wide assortment of rack 'accessories' - aka - Thule / Yakima / etc cargo boxes, bike holders, etc... I don't want to be stuck with only using Mopar items to connect to this rack.

Does anyone know??
Thanks!
Sponsored

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
The Mopar rack uses Yakima JetStream cross bars. Any compatible accessory will work.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Revisting this...does anyone know if the t-slots in the Mopar rack are compatible with Thule accessories that use t-slots? I'd hope a t-slot is a t-slot....after all, the Mopar racks are a deal.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
The Mopar rack is just a rebranded Yakima. As far as I know, Yakima and Thule accessories are compatible.

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
This roof rack howls like a banshee above 50mph if you install it in the locations specified in the instructions. I'd recommend buying anything else.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
This roof rack howls like a banshee above 50mph if you install it in the locations specified in the instructions. I'd recommend buying anything else.
i thought that's why people were taping/filling the slots, to eliminate the noise?

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Last edited:

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Sigsegv is just being his usual (unhelpful) self.
Hilarious. I've owned the rack in question and paulr's vinyl to quiet them down, I describe my experience and answer the OP's question (this rack is not a good buy) and I'm the one being unhelpful? Meanwhile you've never owned this and are encouraging someone else to get it, and that IS helpful?

Paulr's vinyl makes it mostly quieter, but it still whistles a little bit. Due to the nature of the rack, the stickers are not the perfect size and can't cover up 100% of whatever poor design leads to the noise.

I cannot recommend a product that requires yet another custom product from a forum member in order to be remotely acceptable. The level of noise with no vinyl is comical - it overwhelms the already very loud jeep at 70mph.
Sponsored