Sponsored

Mopar Performance Rock Rails

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone using these? How are they as steps? I really like the look and simplicity.
Sponsored

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
We are using them, they are a little narrow to be a step, but they do the trick. You can't put your full foot on it (unless you step sideways, even then side of your foot wouldn't touch it), but you can easily put your toes and reach to the top of the Jeep. This is usually how i take my top off.

OP
OP

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are using them, they are a little narrow to be a step, but they do the trick. You can't put your full foot on it (unless you step sideways, even then side of your foot wouldn't touch it), but you can easily put your toes and reach to the top of the Jeep. This is usually how i take my top off.
Appreciate the quick response. I am just looking for something to help climb up occasionally but don’t want to have some with no protection.

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
Appreciate the quick response. I am just looking for something to help climb up occasionally but don’t want to have some with no protection.
Look at the Roam steps, that’s what I’ll be going towards.

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm really considering these as well. The only thing holding me back is the price. I like that they are narrow. With my past 2 Sahara steps I would always have a dirt on my pant where my calf would rub on the step. Maybe that just means I didn't keep the Jeep clean enough?

Sponsored

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
Really? Last I've heard everything is out of stock "permenantly" and no one is answering emails either.
My roommate has a JK that he keeps saying he’s going to “fab” them to fit. They’ve been sitting in the corner of the garage for about a year now so I’m just waiting.

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Mine came with them, they are ok for what they are. I do plan on getting better sliders later that are frame mounted and provide a larger step.

OP
OP

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine came with them, they are ok for what they are. I do plan on getting better sliders later that are frame mounted and provide a larger step.
I am just so nervous about anything that uses the body bolt mounting points since pe keep breaking those.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone using these? How are they as steps? I really like the look and simplicity.
As for a step they work well for kids and shorter folks. If tall, you are kind of high and have to duck down to get in. The look great IMO. Not sure I would pay the retail price for them but they come up for sale on here and FB marketplace every now in then between $300-$400.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and bought them. Love the look and weight of these. They are very substantial and add a good spot to step with grip. Look factory and the install was a breeze. I had a dealer coupon so got a great price.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I recently bought a set too (amazing Facebook snag). I'm really enjoying them and they look good. Just enough step for us to get to the top of the Jeep without having to fight them climbing in or out. Enjoy!

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered a set of these last week. Was able to get almost 20% off MSRP, but still expensive! Hoping they add a bit of hinge protection.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I swapped out my plastic Sahara steps for these, found some Moab takeoffs. Loved the look and used the steps myself, however the wife and 3yo daughter couldn’t actually use the steps so I sold them and went with the Mopar tube steps.
Sponsored