Sponsored

Mopar Performance Off-Road Bumper; something missing?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
does it look like something is missing here? this is the back side of a dealer-installed MPP Off-road Bumper.
doesn't seem to me like the back of the Fog Lights should be exposed like this, considering even the factory plastic Willys bumper has a cover to shield them from everything spinning off of the tires,...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Performance Off-Road Bumper; something missing? MPP Offroad bumper.JPG

here's what a stock Willys bumper looks like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Performance Off-Road Bumper; something missing? Willys Bumper.JPG

if you have the MPP Off-Road bumper, would you please share a picture of the back side of your bumper? this just doesn't seem right,...
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
This is the back of a two week old Rubi. Steel front bumper and it’s the same as yours.
The steel bumpers are modular. When you remove the “ears” and go stubby, what you have is what you end up with.
The bumper in this picture still has the “ears” attached (that’s the plastic close out piece you see on the left side) To the right is what’s left after converting to a stubby. It’s all exposed.
Yours is correct.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Performance Off-Road Bumper; something missing? 73C93DC7-421B-4BE8-A150-80532A26005D

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Is this the steel bumper that comes on the rubicon?
If it is then yeah they come like that, my 21’ JLR that I bought new came just like that

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
thanks, but we're not talking about the stock Rubicon bumpers; the MPP Off-Road bumper is a separate accessory item, and they are not modular.

nothing about having the back of the Fog Lights exposed to everything flung off of the tires seems "correct"; especially when even the stock bumper on a Willys has them completely protected.

would love to see pics from someone who actually has the MPP Off-Road bumper.

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
anyone else with the MPP Offroad Front Bumper care to share pics of their Fog lights naked rear ends?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I looked at this bumper before going with Warn and the one I looked at was the same as yours. Most aftermarket bumpers, including my Warn also leave the back side of the fogs somewhat exposed. However, there are several potential mounting spots that you could instal some type of shield that would deflect any mud that might be thrown up by the tires.
Sponsored