Sponsored

Mopar Parts for JL Wrangler Revealed at SEMA (First Live Photos Inside)

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
I still went aftermarket stereo on the purchase I just made (decided to go JK, but still obsessed with this forum). The alpine upgrade available through the dealer is ok, but nowhere near what you can do with aftermarket equipment if done right and if willing to spend the $$$ to do a nice upgrade.
I'm curious about this type of setup (for everything... sound system, LED lights, wheels, etc)

Is it actually cost effective to buy base and then upgrade aftermarket immediately? Meaning if you decide to buy later and have these items installed, can you get as good (or better) in the aftermarket for less?

You do lose the longer warranty going aftermarket which is a consideration.
Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that wants to know when those silver with black ring beadlocks will be available?

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
aftermarket wheels are cheaper + usually better quality!!! but getting factory wheels at purchase time is good deal

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
aftermarket wheels are cheaper + usually better quality!!! but getting factory wheels at purchase time is good deal
Exactly. For me the whole idea of going Mopar from the dealer.... "Lift, wheels, accessories, etc." is that it's all under warranty and financed instead of spending large chunks of cash for upgrades later. Later down the road if I decide to sell it.... Everything is OEM all original from the dealer.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I can understand that. I do admit the Mopar beadlock wheels look good (black with Punk'n ring imho), but they are savagely over priced.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand that. I do admit the Mopar beadlock wheels look good (black with Punk'n ring imho), but they are savagely over priced.
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072466ab.html

I found them for $350 ea. It says ring sold separately but I think that's for the functional Beadlock which is an extra $105. So for the functional bead that would be $455. Expensive... Yes. However when your talking true beadlocks they are all expensive. When I place my order I'll probably go with the simulated ring and try to get them to go wholesale cost minus credit for the factory wheels.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
if you got deep pockets + don't mind paying almost double stealers are fine!! as far as warranty the stealer must prove whatever was the cause to void yours, your $$$$ + your choice as always.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if you got deep pockets + don't mind paying almost double stealers are fine!! as far as warranty the stealer must prove whatever was the cause to void yours, your $$$$ + your choice as always.
Oh, I agree. Stealers as you call them are ridiculous with their pricing and mark up for parts and labor and tend to put on a bunch of crap on a token vehicle for show, charge double the price and don't credit for the stuff they take off. I'll be putting down about $25k and it also doesn't hurt that a good friend of mine is an executive at a major automotive chain and I'll be able to order to my spec at cost. They don't really make much money off of me but in turn I bring them business.... so it's a pretty good hook-up.
Sponsored