Sponsored

Mopar Parts for JL Wrangler Revealed at SEMA (First Live Photos Inside)

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
The Beadlock capable wheels are friggin sweet!!! BUT not cheap at around $450 per wheel with beadlock ring kit. May have to do some serious negotiating to get them at cost!!! :cwl:

Also I am not 100% the Red JL Rubicon (SEMA reveal) is stock or has a Mopar lift? Please be stock so I can stuff 35s!!! :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Beadlock capable wheels are friggin sweet!!! BUT not cheap at around $450 per wheel with beadlock ring kit. May have to do some serious negotiating to get them at cost!!! :cwl:

Also I am not 100% the Red JL Rubicon (SEMA reveal) is stock or has a Mopar lift? Please be stock so I can stuff 35s!!! :fingerscrossed:
I'm pretty sure that Rubicon is stock. The 2" lift will allow you add 37"s per the press release, and those are not 37s on the Red Rubi.

Also I dig those beadlocks too. Problem with real beadlocks though is that a lot of the tire stores will not work on them. With that said the MOPAR bead locks look like they can be ran with or without the bead lock rings.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yes the beadlocks come with cosmetic rings, but can be upgraded to functional for a few bucks more (currently $219 for JK/2017 catalogue, dunno what the updated price will be).

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Finally Jeep gets smart and beats the aftermarket competition to the huge Wrangler parts market. If they play their cards right and make the accessories available at launch time folks will be able to finance the cool parts with the Jeep instead of paying out of pocket. Although I like working on my own vehicles a lot of people will jump at the chance to get customizations from the start.

coolhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ7
I remember reading and seeing pics of the MOPAR beadlocks trim ring bolts rusting after just a few months. Hopefully they have corrected that issue.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
Finally Jeep gets smart and beats the aftermarket competition to the huge Wrangler parts market. If they play their cards right and make the accessories available at launch time folks will be able to finance the cool parts with the Jeep instead of paying out of pocket. Although I like working on my own vehicles a lot of people will jump at the chance to get customizations from the start.
You not only get to finance the parts but Mopar parts also carry a factory warranty matching the vehicle warranty length if I remember correctly.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
You not only get to finance the parts but Mopar parts also carry a factory warranty matching the vehicle warranty length if I remember correctly.
This is what all car makers are finally doing. Remember the days when you replaced radios and wheels right away? No longer. Sure, there's the few folks that will do it still - but most auto makers finally started adding aftermarket quality stuff in the new cars.

Do people even steal car radios anymore?

EDIT - No.

From: https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101998015

In the 1990s, he said, every stolen car was missing thestereo. These days, he says thieves will take just about anything — umbrellas, sunglasses, even motor oil — but they leave the radio.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the pics in the other thread about the new "ocean" color, but is this blue hood graphic an actual pic of the "ocean" blue paint color? Your thoughts?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
... the degradation of modern theives' mechanical skill set & perseverance. What is this country coming to?
I can list a ton of reasons why I like a manual transmission and somewhere lower on the list I would have to say less likely to be stolen, as fewer and fewer people can drive them.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I saw the pics in the other thread about the new "ocean" color, but is this blue hood graphic an actual pic of the "ocean" blue paint color? Your thoughts?
I hope so!!! If it is, that’s what color I will be ordering. However, if it’s more like the blue in the image of the roof rack, I might hold off. Plus if those “new” colors and some other options aren’t available right away it makes holding off a little more tolerable lol.

Mfdidier

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone been able to find pricing for these new mods? I've searched the mopar site and cant find anything.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
This is what all car makers are finally doing. Remember the days when you replaced radios and wheels right away? No longer. Sure, there's the few folks that will do it still - but most auto makers finally started adding aftermarket quality stuff in the new cars.

Do people even steal car radios anymore?

EDIT - No.

From: https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101998015
I still went aftermarket stereo on the purchase I just made (decided to go JK, but still obsessed with this forum). The alpine upgrade available through the dealer is ok, but nowhere near what you can do with aftermarket equipment if done right and if willing to spend the $$$ to do a nice upgrade.
Sponsored