• Total voters

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I am leaning towards the Mopar 2-inch lift for my soon to be arriving 2-door Rubi. I like the idea of corner specific springs (I contacted Dynatrac and was told their springs were not corner specific but it was no big deal to shim to level side to side) and like the Fox 2.5 shocks. However, I will still add adjustable front and rear track bars and at least adjustable front LCA's. I will be running 35's (either KO2's-love those tires and have had many sets on various 4x4's or might try the new KM3's) on stock Rubi rims (if I had a 4-door I would likely go 37's) and after adding bumpers and a winch, should settle in right at two inches.
Rancho also features corner specific springs in their 2-inch JL lifts and have a two inch kit coming soon for 2-door JL's, I would still use Fox shocks as I like them over the Rancho's...
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am leaning towards the Mopar 2-inch lift for my soon to be arriving 2-door Rubi. I like the idea of corner specific springs (I contacted Dynatrac and was told their springs were not corner specific but it was no big deal to shim to level side to side) and like the Fox 2.5 shocks. However, I will still add adjustable front and rear track bars and at least adjustable front LCA's. I will be running 35's (either KO2's-love those tires and have had many sets on various 4x4's or might try the new KM3's) on stock Rubi rims (if I had a 4-door I would likely go 37's) and after adding bumpers and a winch, should settle in right at two inches.
Rancho also features corner specific springs in their 2-inch JL lifts and have a two inch kit coming soon for 2-door JL's, I would still use Fox shocks as I like them over the Rancho's...
Rock Krawler kits use corner specific spring pads that are pretty much the gold standard of any kit. I would definitely choose them or Metalcloak over any of the other brands suggested here.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rock Krawler kits use corner specific spring pads that are pretty much the gold standard of any kit. I would definitely choose them or Metalcloak over any of the other brands suggested here.
Metalcloak looks awesome! However I plan to keep stock rims and when I contacted Metalcloak I was told their lifts would not work with factory Rubi wheels without use of spacers-which I do not care to use. Also, from the people I have talked to both RK and Metalcloak (2.5 inch lift claimed) they both appear to settle in at 3 inches...I really want no more than a two inch lift using 35's on a 2-door Rubi.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Metalcloak looks awesome! However I plan to keep stock rims and when I contacted Metalcloak I was told their lifts would not work with factory Rubi wheels without use of spacers-which I do not care to use. Also, from the people I have talked to both RK and Metalcloak (2.5 inch lift claimed) they both appear to settle in at 3 inches...I really want no more than a two inch lift using 35's on a 2-door Rubi.
You look like you have done a Lot of research. Can I pick your brain?

what does the MOPAR 2” lift settle in at? I have heard a couple of conflicting stories.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You look like you have done a Lot of research. Can I pick your brain?

what does the MOPAR 2” lift settle in at? I have heard a couple of conflicting stories.
This seems to be all over the board-for multiple reasons: Unfortunately wrong kits have been installed, wrong springs supplied or springs switched side to side (Mopar’s are corner specific), kits have been improperly installed-far too common, etc...On 2-door Rubi’s, after adding bumpers, winch and 35’s most (from my research) seem to settle at 2-2.5 inches.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They are pretty accurate in height for a Rubicon. Sahara and Sport will see more lift. Anything that articulates well it's going to need new wheels or spacers.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are pretty accurate in height for a Rubicon. Sahara and Sport will see more lift. Anything that articulates well it's going to need new wheels or spacers.
According to Metalcloak, the reason you cannot use stock Rubi wheels (on a 2-2.5 inch lift) is because of their shock relocation brackets. Axles on Rubi are about 1.5 inches wider than Sport and Sahara, the other lift manufacturers seem to have no problem using stock Rubi wheels on smaller lifts when using 35's. Again, I am looking for a modest lift with 35's...Anything 3+ inches and/or larger tires, I agree with you 100% that you would/should use different offset wheels or spacers.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
According to Metalcloak, the reason you cannot use stock Rubi wheels (on a 2-2.5 inch lift) is because of their shock relocation brackets. Axles on Rubi are about 1.5 inches wider than Sport and Sahara, the other lift manufacturers seem to have no problem using stock Rubi wheels on smaller lifts when using 35's. Again, I am looking for a modest lift with 35's...Anything 3+ inches and/or larger tires, I agree with you 100% that you would/should use different offset wheels or spacers.
Yes, their relocation brackets are part of the problem, but the reality is they and Rock Krawler net more travel than the other lifts which also causes clearance issues with the stock rims and 35" and bigger tires. Rock Krawler doesn't bend their arms in for tire clearance, but bends them up for ground clearance (much better design in my opinion), so you need even more offset when running their arms.

RDender

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JL
Dynatrac endurosport 2inch lift 33inch tire 18x9 wheels

E20EF07E-480C-4475-9BAD-DEEB9FFA171D.jpeg

5D38DF77-FF13-4E96-8691-15CA80419F5E.jpeg
Looks great. I am running 33's as well and will be adding this lift kit next week. Did the kit level the jeep for you, meaning take away the front rake? Also, did you had any other parts to yours? Thanks

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I'm highly considering the 2" Dynatrac lift as well for my JLU Rubicon , but I have a heavy loaded jeep with steel front and read road armor bumpers with a winch and steel skid plate. I read countless post about the Dynatrac lift but can someone provide some information how much lift you get with a loaded jeep, i.e. steel bumpers and winch and not the factory plastic bumpers or the factory steel bumper (which is lighter).

Other options is the Rock Krawler X factor and the Metal Cloak game changer 2.5" lift, but I really don't want new wheels because I really like the stock wheels with my KO2s 35s.

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm highly considering the 2" Dynatrac lift as well for my JLU Rubicon , but I have a heavy loaded jeep with steel front and read road armor bumpers with a winch and steel skid plate. I read countless post about the Dynatrac lift but can someone provide some information how much lift you get with a loaded jeep, i.e. steel bumpers and winch and not the factory plastic bumpers or the factory steel bumper (which is lighter).

Other options is the Rock Krawler X factor and the Metal Cloak game changer 2.5" lift, but I really don't want new wheels because I really like the stock wheels with my KO2s 35s.
Hi, I have a lod steel front bumper with a winch. After adding a 1/2 spacer in the front to accommodate the weight it sits right at 2”. I would say if you are adding all that weight you will see about a 1 1/2” lift. Good luck.
7F1EDC8B-738A-43B6-AE3F-EA42514E656E.jpeg

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I’ve been looking at the Dynatrac lift also with 35s not going to add extra weight. How is the ride quality or should I go with Mopar Lift? No off-roading or very light.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Have the AEV on my JK and the Dynatrac on my JL. Do not have experience with the Mopar. The Dynatrac is a true 2" has been put through its paces offroad with 35" AEV wheels/tires. No issues or rubbing. Onroad it is better than stock (in my opinion and I know some will say that is not possible). It is also a complete kit for now. Had all numbers aligned and checked. Caster and all stayed well within in spec. Do not need any other parts. Front axle shifted to the passenger side 1/8" or so - not noticeable on road or visually unless pointed out. The AEV on the JK had 3.5" of lift and a much more pronounced shift to the side but never bothered fixing. Some say it is not complete but at just 2", it is - I will replace items as the factory parts break or my Jeep tells me to upgrade. It take it hard on midwest trails but am not a rock crawler (in the Moab sense).

If I could do it over, I would would pick this Dynatrac again (or the AEV at a close second).

You say light off-road now, but do not put a lift on there that will limit you from doing more "hardcore" things later as you want.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Have the AEV on my JK and the Dynatrac on my JL. Do not have experience with the Mopar. The Dynatrac is a true 2" has been put through its paces offroad with 35" AEV wheels/tires. No issues or rubbing. Onroad it is better than stock (in my opinion and I know some will say that is not possible). It is also a complete kit for now. Had all numbers aligned and checked. Caster and all stayed well within in spec. Do not need any other parts. Front axle shifted to the passenger side 1/8" or so - not noticeable on road or visually unless pointed out. The AEV on the JK had 3.5" of lift and a much more pronounced shift to the side but never bothered fixing. Some say it is not complete but at just 2", it is - I will replace items as the factory parts break or my Jeep tells me to upgrade. It take it hard on midwest trails but am not a rock crawler (in the Moab sense).

If I could do it over, I would would pick this Dynatrac again (or the AEV at a close second).

You say light off-road now, but do not put a lift on there that will limit you from doing more "hardcore" things later as you want.
Do you pictures on how much your tire poke out? I’m looking at Fuel Maverick wheels with +25 offset with 315x70/17 ko2.