• Total voters

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Lol Until checking your profile, I thought you were thinking of 37's on Sahara axles and gearing.

What's your budget?

I ask, because it sounds like you might be better off with a more complete lift. The Mopar and Dynatrac are nice starter lifts, but they require filling in a lot of blanks for those of us that really plan on using them.

I currently have the Dynatrac because I originally planned on not going bigger than 35's and wanted to keep cog as low as possible without losing travel. Dynatracs claim of being a true 2" is what hooked me. I also wanted everything else suspension and steering related to be beefed up to support the lift and bigger tires. I did the full SteerSmarts front end and track bar and replaced all 8 control arms and rear track bar with Synergy adjustables. Once i got everything dialed in, it was beautiful. Overall performance was way better than the day i got it.

Here's the rub. I thought the 35's would drag drivability down, but the 2.0/8-speed/4.10 combo didn't even notice the size jump. Also, I began thinking of how beefed up things were for such a mild lift and tire size. For the same $, I wish i had just gone with the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger with rocksport shocks.

I've been switching parts for the last couple months. I'm now sitting on new wheels wrapped in 38's, all fenders chopped and filled with AAL parts, and suspension parts are piling up. I'm pulling the Dynatrac lift and am replacing it with everything from the 3.5" Gamechanger minus the control arms and track bars. And because I'm interested in being able to carry some speed through the wash boards on top of crawling, i skipped the rocksports and went with the 6-packs.

Apologies for being a bit long winded, but thought I'd share my situation to help you short cut. If you'll be a bit aggressive and playful on the trails, you really should consider beefing everything up to be able to stand against the added forces and leverage caused by larger tires. Also, Micky's are a true to size tire. You might want to think about more lift, not only for tire to fender clearance, but to get the travel needed for the desert running and rock crawling I here about in your neck of the woods. Buy once, cry once, and enjoy!
Yeah, I had the Sahara for about a month before I traded it in for the Rubicon! Happier, but it hurt a little...I don't care though, I'll make more money.

I got a quote from the dealer with everything and it was $7500. I know, I know, I shat myself too..

I didn't want to go over 2" because I want to attempt to save my warranty. Dealer said they would honor warranty repairs with a 2" lift. My buddy is running the Mopar with 37" tires on his JTR and that thing is unstoppable. I just wanted to know more about the DT Endurosport.

From what Im seeing I'll probably go with it, and get those adjustable control arms and track bar you were mentioning too.

Thanks for all of your feedback! Saved me a lot of reading and guessing...I custommed the crap out of my Harley so I know "buy once, cry once!" Man I've wasted a lot of money in the past!
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My choices are driven mostly by practicality and not money or pride. If the DT stops checking my boxes, I will man-up and get a different lift. Until then, it does the job.
Similar sentiment to a few of your posts, my overall concern isn't about total lift height. If I could find 1.5 inch lift, I'd honestly be happy with that. What are your thoughts on loading up the rear for a weekend camping trip? Say, I put a cooler with ice and drinks, some food, and some basic camping supplies. Will the rear sag? I see a lot of comments saying the kit is pretty level to begin with, and I'd actually prefer to keep a rake for the purposes of headlight aiming, and loading up for a weekend trip.

I'm not talking talking full overland here with roofrack and rooftop tent...

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I kept a few bags of rock salt in the back and we load it up with people every once in a while. Nothing real heavy though. No issues so far.

Sponsored

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
The future came faster then expected. Updated now with 37" KM3s.

IMG_1155.jpg
How's it ride, drive and handle with the 37s vs the 35s? Feel like it needs regeared? Looks 🔥👌

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I’m in the same boat but i can’t really find someone who has tried both off-road, over washboard and rocky trails which of these suspensions give the smoother ride?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the same boat but i can’t really find someone who has tried both off-road, over washboard and rocky trails which of these suspensions give the smoother ride?
Mopar lift all the way and tested on Ozark Mountain rocky trails….

7A14D166-B5E6-4A49-BFA0-EA7B8286C0E0.jpeg

F93566FF-BD5D-4539-987E-F76C29F941B9.jpeg