Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi all-

I am in the market for a light-weight plow for my 3.6 Manual 2021 JL and I came across this. The brochure isn't very informative, especially with how the "Pro" plow is attached to the vehicle. Just thought I would share.

Also- is it a bad idea to hook one of these things up for long periods of time if one doesn't have a Rubicon? (stiffer shocks, lockers etc...) I just have a Sport S with mostly stock stuff with the exception of nice winter tires.

I have a long driveway to plow a few times a season- Manual transmission an issue?

Thanks-
Eric

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT Meyer_Jeep_Brochure-1

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT Meyer_Jeep_Brochure-2

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT Meyer_Jeep_Brochure-3

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT Meyer_Jeep_Brochure-4
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If it's only a few times a year, get a little plow for a riding mower. If you don't have a riding mower, buy a beater with a bad or missing mower deck for cheap.

OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's only a few times a year, get a little plow for a riding mower. If you don't have a riding mower, buy a beater with a bad or missing mower deck for cheap.
I would do that, but it's a 1/2 mile drive and runs anywhere from 5-12 degrees in slope. My goal would be to start at the top and run down.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I guess the concern is how the Jeep will ride and sit without the plow if you get heavier springs. If you're going to plow, then drop it as soon as you're done then I would guess that it would be alright on the stock springs. If you're going to leave it on from Dec-Feb, or even the length of a storm, that's another issue. Also, do you plan on plowing friend's an family's drives?

This is as good of reason to go with some takeoff Rubicon springs and shocks as any, preferably the heavier rated ones.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The brochure contains plenty of information, including how the plow is attached. Actually more and better information from some of the answers here. Maybe try a " review" of the information you provided

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I grew up in the mountains of CO. Our driveway was about 1/4mile long or maybe a little longer. 4wheelers work well for light snow, but not heavy dumps. Plus in NY the snow is wetter than in CO. I don't have any experience with side by sides w/ a plow but seen them and their weight may be enough for decent snows.

On the JL the vehicle is pretty decent weight so it should handle any snowfall you get unless you haven't kept up with it and the ground is slick. I don't have experience with this brand, but plows are pretty easy to hook up and growing up I or my dad would hook up the plow the night before a storm. Usually a couple rear bolts and wiring connection or 2 and then hook up the front last. It would only take us 15min to do once we gathered the right wrenches. When we'd have repeated storms we'd leave it hooked up and all you do is drop the plow to the pavement and then the weight is off the vehicle. You don't want to leave the plow up when parked for any period of time. Otherwise there isn't any issue leaving it connected since the majority of weight is in the plow.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Neat, but I wouldn't do any significant plowing with anything less than a 3/4 ton pickup truck with heavy duty cooling and transmission.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I have a 400ft driveway that at its steepest point is an 11 degree grade (per the inclonometer in the Jeep). I use a polaris 500 (standard ATV, not a side by side) with a plow to remove snow. Over that last 6 years I've only had 2 storms it couldn't handle. When the snow gets to a certain depth, I just use my snowblower. As long as you don't mind being in the elements when you plow I would recommend an ATV with plow vs putting a plow on the jeep. They have a better turning radius than a jeep, super agressive tires are cheaper than on a jeep, and if you ever get stuck 3 dudes can lift it vs needing a tow from another vehicle. I will say it is important to push the snow banks wide though, as an ATV with a plow can't move snowbanks that have iced up.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a snow bear plow years ago they only weigh around 300 lbs so doesn't kill the jeep. I don't run one anymore as I don't like having the plow mount out front that is so low. Don't forget jeep were used for years to plow this is nothing new

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran a snow bear plow years ago they only weigh around 300 lbs so doesn't kill the jeep. I don't run one anymore as I don't like having the plow mount out front that is so low. Don't forget jeep were used for years to plow this is nothing new
Yes, I believe that the Drive Pro 6'8" is under 400lbs.

OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I grew up in the mountains of CO. Our driveway was about 1/4mile long or maybe a little longer. 4wheelers work well for light snow, but not heavy dumps. Plus in NY the snow is wetter than in CO. I don't have any experience with side by sides w/ a plow but seen them and their weight may be enough for decent snows.

On the JL the vehicle is pretty decent weight so it should handle any snowfall you get unless you haven't kept up with it and the ground is slick. I don't have experience with this brand, but plows are pretty easy to hook up and growing up I or my dad would hook up the plow the night before a storm. Usually a couple rear bolts and wiring connection or 2 and then hook up the front last. It would only take us 15min to do once we gathered the right wrenches. When we'd have repeated storms we'd leave it hooked up and all you do is drop the plow to the pavement and then the weight is off the vehicle. You don't want to leave the plow up when parked for any period of time. Otherwise there isn't any issue leaving it connected since the majority of weight is in the plow.
You're so right about the wet snow here, especially in the Catskills where the property is. Our neighbors use a Bobcat side by side with a plow on the front, but their road is more forgiving. Ours rides a little steeper and is only millings at this point, not top coated with asphalt just yet. I do like the idea of a ATV or tractor as well. Problem is, with the manufacturing and delays in all things current, decisions for Winter has to happen now. Would be easy and nice to just pop it on and off the Jeep with a good set of chains on the tires.

Dad Rad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
One of my main reasons for getting back to Jeep ownership is to plow. I'd do a truck, but have to have a convertible. I don't like the looks of the JT, top up or top down. So JL with plow. The Meyer has been getting my attention because even the hydraulically operated one attaches to the front via a hitch, so you can drop it after use and not drive around with it all winter.

I have a big JD rider with 48" blower, but my hands don't work much anymore, and the cold is a serious trigger for shutting them down (even with electric heated gloves and hothands).

So the thought of remote start, climbing into a heated interior, with heated steering wheel and seat, and plowing the drive instead of blowing was a major consideration in getting the JL. This jeep branded one looks so much better than the standard yellow, I think it would be worth a few extra ducats. Thanks for linking the brochure!

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Upstate NY here - had a plow on my riding mower at one point. It was good for 3" of we snow downhill or 6" of powdery snow. Anything that came to the top of the blade would halt the mower even with chains. There's a reason John Deere makes a $1300 front powered blower you can drive around :D

I like that plow setup!

OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the web site you can see a Pro assembly with a 2in front receiver hitch extension.
So it looks like all of the Jeep branded models are front 2" hitch attached except for the Drive Pro version. That looks to have the chassis that you bolt on to the frame, then the plow connects with a quick release type connection. That is better in my opinion than just a single-point connection. What says you?
Sponsored