Sponsored

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Ive bern using a snowsport first on a bronco snd then my jeep commander for the last 15 years. It comes with s bracket that plugs into a 2" receiver that allows for adjustment of about 6" up or down. I am going to figure out how to get it onto the new jl soon as winter I'd any day and the commander is being sold. Of the built in adjustability won't work I'll have to fabricate something.., we will see. I already made changes to acommidate the lifted commander. Where there is a Will there is a way
Sponsored

ForeverRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRANGLER SPORT S
Thank you to everyone for your replies. We finally got it working by adding 3/4 inch of washers to the wheels to raise it up, and putting the plow in "float" mode. We are lucky that we can install/uninstall the plow inside the garage on a flat surface... We purchased the plow through realtruck.com and their tech support was excellent - very responsive and understood the issues we were having. Highly recommend.

Love having the plow for our long driveway - lets us get out of the house quicker, and then we can use the snowblower to cleanup the rest at our leisure.

OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi- I thought I would bring this thread back to life. I was just informed that the Jeep branded Drive Pro (made by Meyer) is available near my local route when traveling upstate NY. I may go look at it and see some details about it. I would be interested in the Drive Pro because it uses a clevis attached to the front of the frame directly and not a front hitch system. The Meyer website also has more info on these now- in the Support section there is instruction manuals, exploded views and other things. One thing I am looking at is the wiring diagram. I wanted to ask anyone here what their opinion is on exactly where the wires should travel through the Jeep. UPDATE: I purchased a 2022 automatic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon since I last started this thread, it came with the heavy duty electrical and tow package. My wife couldn't drive the manual Sport S...........Don't ask. Anyway, here is a screen shot of the wiring and a link to the instructions:

https://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-1227R1.pdf

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 10.49.59 AM

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Just so you know, if you buy a plow for your Jeep, you're buying a toy. If try to do real work with your plow, neither the plow nor your Jeep will tolerate it for long. No matter how careful you are, you're either going to bend something, or burn something up. Probably both. And if you think "I'm just going to plow my own driveway," be prepared to say 'No' to the friends and family when they find out you have a plow...

Faced with this bit of reality last year, I bought a plow for my 1995 K2500. But that's been my standing advice from the git-go-- your Jeep is for Jeep stuff, get a truck for truck stuff. And get something stout enough so it will still be worth something when your circumstances change and you have to sell it in a few years. And that applies to both the truck and the plow.

If you do get a plow, whether it's for the Jeep or a truck, GET THE BACK-DRAG EDGE. If there isn't one available for the plow you're looking at, pass on the plow. The back-drag edge vastly improves the performance of the plow when 'pulling' snow from up against buildings & tight spots, and believe it or not, it greatly improves the manners of the plow and lessens the strain and shock on the vehicle when pushing normally, especially on gravel or uneven surfaces.

Lastly, despite my 'wrench my own' philosophy, I got the plow installed by the plow dealer. By buying from an equipment dealer, I got the best deal, and I got it from someone who is intimately familiar with the product and is hip to the tricks on how to install it. They had mine bolted in & wired up in the time it took me to go out and have a sit-down lunch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT plow1.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar / Meyer snow plows announced for JL and JT plow2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robellion

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
UPDATE:
I finally bought the Drive Pro version of the Jeep branded Meyer snow plow. Glad I did. It uses two heavy-duty brackets bolted into the front frame near the bumper. You have to remove the air-dam (mine was heavy steel on the Rubicon). When the plow is off, you see the brackets- but it's not a deal killer. I'm just going to leave them on. However, if you do a lot of off-roading and such you will want to remove them since the brackets hang a little lower than everything else and is specific to the Jeep trim model. The place I got the set up also did the install and are known for doing this for over 30 years. It came with a nice joystick controller for automatic action that corresponds to whether the Jeep is in reverse or forward drive. Example: when putting in reverse, the plow lifts up automatically assuming you were pushing snow to it's destination. Pretty cool. Also has the lights and feels heavy duty. Has a steel edge and snow deflector. The shop ran the power to the unit going through my factory installed AUX switch bank. So I turn on bank #1 and then the joystick power. When finished, I can just lower the plow into float position and hit the AUX bank button to cut all power to the unit. plugs in up front with a pigtail I keep hidden behind the front steel bumper.
I've used it a few times so far for small snow-fall amounts. Will go with the Tractor and snowblower for the big stuff. The plow and a salt spreader on the back is great, all controlled inside the comfort of the cockpit! I will post pics this weekend. I also have Goodyear Duratrac tires that have been studded that I keep on for the winter. Our 1/2 mile driveway finally got paved.
Sponsored