Mopar Maximum Care Unlimited Miles Warranty

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara born on 5-18; 1999 TJ 2 Dr
Has anyone looked into or received pricing on Mopar Maximum Care Extended Plan?
Looks like they are offering 5, 6 or 7 year unlimited mileage plans with either $100 or $200 deductibles.
I have a 2018 JL Sahara and contacted Tom but not sure if these plans are the best value.

Trying to get a idea how they compare to the plans with 125,000 mile limits.
I pestered Tom enough today, about the 6 and 7 year, unlimited mileage with $100 deductible.
Sponsored

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota in the past, just started owning a JL :D
If I may insert a question here.. The Mopar plans requires the vehicle to be less than 1 year old to be qualified to purchase plan. So does the warranty start from Day 1 of vehicle ownership, or the day of Mopar plan purchase? If the latter, then it makes sense to wait until the end of first year ownership to buy since the first year is covered by factory warranty. Is this understanding correct? Thanks.

OP
OP
Richamby

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well according to Tom, I have to pay a small surcharge because my Jeep is over a year old.

The plans do start from day 1, inservice date. So if you purchase a 6 year plan, its 3 years of coverage beyond the factory bumper to bumper 36 month plan. The twist is mileage, if you put 36,000 miles on your Jeep in 6 months, the factory warranty is over. If you purchase a 6 year unlimited mileage plan, you’re still covered for 5 1/2 more years.

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well according to Tom, I have to pay a small surcharge because my Jeep is over a year old.

The plans do start from day 1, inservice date. So if you purchase a 6 year plan, its 3 years of coverage beyond the factory bumper to bumper 36 month plan. The twist is mileage, if you put 36,000 miles on your Jeep in 6 months, the factory warranty is over. If you purchase a 6 year unlimited mileage plan, you’re still covered for 5 1/2 more years.
Thanks for the helpful clarification :)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I wasn’t aware that they still sold the unlimited mileage plans. I thought that I read somewhere that they discontinued these?

Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I think that it only covers “oil lubricated parts” if my memory serves me correctly.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I wasn’t aware that they still sold the unlimited mileage plans. I thought that I read somewhere that they discontinued these?
They discontinued the Lifetime option which was both unlimited time and mileage.

You are still able to buy unlimited miles, but now with fixed time (5,6 or 7 years)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
They discontinued the Lifetime option which was both unlimited time and mileage.

You are still able to buy unlimited miles, but now with fixed time (5,6 or 7 years)
Great. Thank you for this.....

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope Mopar will bring back the unlimited time+mileage warranty, at least for the 2.0L engine.

Dakster

First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Chevy Trax
What are the costs and is there a dealer that gives discounts on these plans?

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hope Mopar will bring back the unlimited time+mileage warranty, at least for the 2.0L engine.
Unless you’re worried about the turbo, these MaxCare extended warranties don’t cover the hybrid components.

What are the costs and is there a dealer that gives discounts on these plans?
Clay Robbins
785-537-0357 [email protected]

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away

Thanks for the advice!

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you’re worried about the turbo, these MaxCare extended warranties don’t cover the hybrid components.
Thanks. Wow, that's good to know. May need to think twice about whether or not to get the eTorque engine version... Is there any true bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers beyond factory's?

OP
OP
Richamby

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that I’m aware of. Mopar has a list of the parts they cover. It’s a lot of the big things and expensive electronics but not everything.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Clay Robbins
785-537-0357 [email protected]
The turbo and eTorque system is covered by an 7 yr/80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty.
Sponsored