Mopar Maximum Care Ultimate Warranty.

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Has anyone purchased this Mopar warranty? If so, how was your experience? A friend told me he’s saved money with it, but I’d appreciate this groups opinion on it.
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have not, but based on all of the failures on my JK, I am considering purchasing the Max Care Ultimate Warranty on my new JL when it arrives.

OP
OP
WhiskeyChick24

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I have not, but based on all of the failures on my JK, I am considering purchasing the Max Care Ultimate Warranty on my new JL when it arrives.
I’m going to do some serious additional research on it. I had a HORRIBLE experience with a different extended warranty and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Check back in here whichever way you decided to go. I’d be interested in hearing what your deciding factor(s) were.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Aren’t there two warranty dealers that give super good prices on this?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m going to do some serious additional research on it. I had a HORRIBLE experience with a different extended warranty and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Check back in here whichever way you decided to go. I’d be interested in hearing what your deciding factor(s) were.
Jennifer, There are many "here today, gone tomorrow" service contract companies, so there is no guarantee that they will be here when you need them. However, the Mopar Maximum Care Warranty is backed by FCA U.S. LLC, so they would likely be a more secure choice. I will probably go with the manufacturer's warranty company. I believe there are some dealers that will sell this warranty for a reasonable amount over dealer cost. You have to purchase the policy within 48 months of the in-service date and with less than 48,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiskeyChick24

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Aren’t there two warranty dealers that give super good prices on this?
Don’t know. Still researching. Might you be able to post that info if you can
Jennifer, There are many "here today, gone tomorrow" service contract companies, so there is no guarantee that they will be here when you need them. However, the Mopar Maximum Care Warranty is backed by FCA U.S. LLC, so they would likely be a more secure choice. I will probably go with the manufacturer's warranty company. I believe there are some dealers that will sell this warranty for a reasonable amount over dealer cost. You have to purchase the policy within 48 months of the in-service date and with less than 48,000 miles.

Hope this helps.
That was helpful. Thank you. :like:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased a 8yr/100k max care warranty when I bought the truck. A very good friend of mine is the service manager at the dealership. I deferred to him on the warranty and that’s what he suggested. Said they are good trucks overall but if you plan to keep it (I’m planning to have this a solid 10 years) you will get your moneys worth out of it.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
GEICO's MBI

[unless you believe that FCA has more financial stability than Berkshire Hathaway :)]

That said, slot machines pay out $.98 for every dollar bet. Extended warranties pay out $.40 per dollar.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory lifetime powertrain warranty on my JK. It was an incentive at the time I bought it and it has no deductible. They fixed the original transmission twice and then finally replaced it in 2017 with a factory reman transmission that incorporated all the updates through the years. It's been great since then. They also just replaced my water pump under warranty at 143k miles. So it's been great for me. I have a lifetime warranty that covers everything, not just the powertrain, on my JL. It has a $200 deductible. My 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty just ended, so we'll see how it goes. The Jeep is off to a great start as it really hasn't had any major issues.

I went with the factory warranty because I've had friends go with others that gave them all kinds of issues with claims. I've never had an issue or dispute of any kind with the JK's warranty. A good dealership is a big help with that, btw.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiskeyChick24

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I have the factory lifetime powertrain warranty on my JK. It was an incentive at the time I bought it and it has no deductible. They fixed the original transmission twice and then finally replaced it in 2017 with a factory reman transmission that incorporated all the updates through the years. It's been great since then. They also just replaced my water pump under warranty at 143k miles. So it's been great for me. I have a lifetime warranty that covers everything, not just the powertrain, on my JL. It has a $200 deductible. My 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty just ended, so we'll see how it goes. The Jeep is off to a great start as it really hasn't had any major issues.

I went with the factory warranty because I've had friends go with others that gave them all kinds of issues with claims. I've never had an issue or dispute of any kind with the JK's warranty. A good dealership is a big help with that, btw.
Thank you for your response. To be clear, is this the Mopar warranty you’re referring to - or another one?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your response. To be clear, is this the Mopar warranty you’re referring to - or another one?
Pretty sure it is Mopar. Either way, it is the lifetime extended warranty that is through FCA. I'd have to look at the paperwork, but Mopar is FCA, so it will say one or the other on it. I do know it is not a third party company. FCA/Jeep are all over the paperwork and fine print. Except that they no longer offer the lifetime length. And since it is through FCA, I've not had to even produce the paperwork. The dealer has it in their system and just takes care of it.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
There’s no longer a lifetime warranty from FCA, mopar or Stelantis

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There’s no longer a lifetime warranty from FCA, mopar or Stelantis
Right. But there was when I bought it. They still offer extended warranties. Just not lifetime. But they do still honor those that were in effect. My water pump was put on my JK under warranty just a couple weeks ago. They even give me a loaner if the warranty work goes overnight. When I got the new transmission in the JK at 116k miles, I had a loaner for 3 or 4 days. No paperwork. If it was an aftermarket warranty, there would have been plenty of paperwork for not only the repairs, but also the loaner.

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep. Got a 7 year 75k MaxCare EW quoted for $840 $200 ded. Then the dealer I bought off of matched that price.
Sponsored