Mopar Maximum Care Extended Warranty

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I am in the market, I want to confirm the last time in which the ESP can be added to the vehicle. I think I saw three years 36K
Sponsored

Steve1954

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited diesel
Occupation
Retired
I purchased a 2019 Rubicon with 2.0 liter turbo eTorque, automatic transmission & most of the options.

Is it worth paying $3,000 for an 8Yr/75,000 mile warranty from Mopar with a $100 deductible? It covers over 5,000 components. Things like audio system, sensors, power train and so on. It is basically a bumper to bumper warranty.

The JL wrangler has not been out that long, so it is hard for me to tell if it is worth paying $3,000 up front or take my chances and pay later for anything that breaks outside of the standard warranty.

The eTorque system is already covered by an 80,000 mile warranty and the powertrain is 60,000/5 yr. The rest is 36,000 mile/3yr.

Anyone had their JL long enough to start having significant issues?

I am torn on which way to go. Any recommendations?
Go to the Chrysler web site and purchase the warranty same one dealer sells but at half the cost, https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/vehicle-warranties

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
I have 28k on my 2018 2.0L Turbo with no issues, but am still glade I got the Lifetime MaxCare warranty ($3k) before they discontinued it!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am in the market, I want to confirm the last time in which the ESP can be added to the vehicle. I think I saw three years 36K
I believe you can add a Mopar Extended Warranty before you reach 48 months or 48K miles. It makes more sense to add it before 36 months and 36K miles because you continue your bumper-to-bumper warranty without a gap in that coverage.

It's best to give one of the online Mopar Extended Warranty dealers a call to confirm. Here are the numbers for the 2 most popular on the forum. Both are known to give excellent pricing.

Tom Winkels 269-488-2080.
Clay Robbins 785-789-3940

Steve1954

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited diesel
Occupation
Retired
Bought 2020 eco diesel paid 2k for 8 year 125k $100 deductible, usually sell around 7 years or 100k you can transfer 1time peace of mind for me and great for resale

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t waste my money on a warranty from FCA.

Jeep dealers treat us like dirt, and half the time they can’t even fix our Jeeps while they are under factory warranty. Why would I want to pay to get that kind of service for SEVEN YEARS...?

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
As mentioned above, Geico MBI is reportedly better than an extended warranty. https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/
I plan to start coverage when my Wrangler is 1 y/o.
I had an extended warranty on my last car and had to fight with them for all but the most simple repairs. And their list of exclusions is long.
Do you have to be a Geico customer to get this? Would love to hear from someone that had a major repair that was covered under this program.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Do you have to be a Geico customer to get this? Would love to hear from someone that had a major repair that was covered under this program.
Must be a GEICO customer, plus vehicle can be no more than 15 months old and have more than 15,000 miles.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
For the life of me I just can not see the value in these warranties. Between my wife and I we put on about 70,000 miles a year. The last 25 years we have always had a 70 mile commute to work then add on normal driving, vacations and suck, the miles add up. We typically buy new cars and then drive them to the junk yard. Vehicles in general are way better build than even 10 years ago. It you even do a little bit of searching, you can easily find vehicles including jeeps that run well past 200,000 miles with very little issues. If a vehicle has an issue, the issue usually shows it self within the power train warranty that comes with the vehicle. Litterally 99% of the vehicles, now a days last forever just by changing the oil, keeping decent tires on them and changing brakes.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If vehicles were simple, durable, in a perfect World, no Warranty would be a viable option.
However, Shop Labor Rates of $100 + per hour, a multitude of sensors that require Factory Diagnostics, auto braking systems that require computer for " simple" brake job, are making DIY more difficult and occasionally, impossible. If I'm going to keep a vehicle past the Bumper to Bumper , then a factory Max Care warranty would be an investment in peace of mind.
I also factor in the cost of an extended warranty when figuring whether to trade or not..
Sponsored

Reactions: VNT