Mopar Max Care Warranty - worth it?

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
I just purchased my JLUR through Koons and everything went smoothly except for the financing part. I brought my own financing and knew what my monthly was going to be. When sitting with the financing lady I asked if she could beat my interest rate. She came back with a lower rate and this is where she started playing with the numbers. I should have known better but in the excitement of buying my first Jeep I feel like she got me. She got me a much lower rate, and after a tornado of numbers and explanations that I absolutely HAD to get the warranty, I ended up paying for the Mopar Max Care 72 months / 60,000 miles warranty. No gap insurance, no maintenance package. The cost was $2,205. She swore up and down that anyone on the Jeep forums would be in awe of this discount and I should check with them. So... here I am checking with everyone.

I believe I have 60 days to cancel but this was wrapped up into the financing. So, before I contact the dealer or try to cancel the warranty... Is this warranty worth it for this price? Did I pay too much? Anyone else with this experience?
Sponsored

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I say no to anything and everything that the financing department tries to swindle me into. Dealerships make a lot of money in that office. Personally I want nothing to do with what they are selling, but thats just my two pennies.

OP
OP

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
I was offered the same for $1800. Turned it down.
I just quickly did a search and found another Jeep dealer that gave an online quote for this same plan at only $850! My understanding is that I can cancel and the money will get refunded to my loan. I'm pretty upset that I fell for that sales tactic in the first place, but hopefully I can cancel.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Cancel it. Right now. $2,000 for 60k miles is outrageous. If you want extended warranty, do your own shopping.

OP
OP

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
I emailed the dealer and was sent a cancellation form immediately. It's already processed and takes 2-4 weeks to get the refund sent back to my loan.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I was just quoted under $1k for Mopar Max care 8 year, 85k mile, $100 deductible. My dealer can’t match it, that’s under his cost. These are all negotiated rates with Mopar by each dealer, and it’s crazy how they differ.

Deleted member 53226

I just purchased my JLUR through Koons and everything went smoothly except for the financing part. I brought my own financing and knew what my monthly was going to be. When sitting with the financing lady I asked if she could beat my interest rate. She came back with a lower rate and this is where she started playing with the numbers. I should have known better but in the excitement of buying my first Jeep I feel like she got me. She got me a much lower rate, and after a tornado of numbers and explanations that I absolutely HAD to get the warranty, I ended up paying for the Mopar Max Care 72 months / 60,000 miles warranty. No gap insurance, no maintenance package. The cost was $2,205. She swore up and down that anyone on the Jeep forums would be in awe of this discount and I should check with them. So... here I am checking with everyone.

I believe I have 60 days to cancel but this was wrapped up into the financing. So, before I contact the dealer or try to cancel the warranty... Is this warranty worth it for this price? Did I pay too much? Anyone else with this experience?
You can get online and get the same Mopar warranty for 8 year 85K or 100K mils with $100 deductible for anywhere between about $1000 and $1200., depending on discount codes and seller, etc.

I would cancel that warranty and then go online and get the same thing cheaper. The dealer ripped you off if you have a $100 deductible. If you have zero deductible, she ripped you off slightly less.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Those finance people offer items like the "impulse isle" as you check out of the grocery store. It's all grossly over priced and rarely something useful.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If it was worth it to everyone who bought it, they wouldn’t sell it. It’s heath insurance for your Jeep while it’s in its youth.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reminder I need to finish looking to see if I should get an extended warranty. Not even a year old and almost to my 36k Mark.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I was just quoted under $1k for Mopar Max care 8 year, 85k mile, $100 deductible. My dealer can’t match it, that’s under his cost. These are all negotiated rates with Mopar by each dealer, and it’s crazy how they differ.
Can I have the contact info of who you got this though? I’m trying to shop around. Thanks

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a contact person you can recommend?

I'm looking for the same 8/85 Max Care but getting higher quotes at $200 deductible

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you can get a good deal on it I would say go for it.... Normally I stay away from extended warranties but there are enough of us on this site who have had multiple issues repeatedly so it really seems worth it in this case.
Sponsored