Sponsored

Mopar logo cab cover vs Rain Gear trail cover?

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
I was wondering if anyone knew of any clear differences between the Mopar logo cab cover and the Rain Gear trail cover.

Softness on paint? Coverage? Waterproofing?

The Rain Gear version is sold out, and I was wondering if it was worth waiting (and they look very similar).
Thanks!
Sponsored

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
I dont have any experience with the Mopar cover but the material that Rain Gear uses is very thick and durable and i have no doubts it will keep things dry. Inside is a smooth vinyl backing and I dont think It will have any adverse effects on paint. Ive been working with them on the 2dr trail cover and they should be very close to having it ready for sale.

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Rain Gear trail cover was one of the first things I bought for the Jeep, and the quality is great. It’s a little bulky in the bag, but that just tells me that it’s gonna work to cover and protect. I don’t have any concerns with it on the paint. Most of the other covers I looked at wouldn’t protect against rain.

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Thanks for the replies. Will this
fit over a bikini top or sun shade pretty easily?

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Yes, I have a mesh sunshade over the front seats and if anything it helps add some structure under the cover...in the back it tapers down at the roll bar bend and goes down over the tailights

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Thanks! I would probably purchase the rain gear cover, but their website states that the two door is out of stock, and repeated attempts over the past few weeks to email customer service about when it might be in stock got no response at all. This is why I was wondering about the differences between this and the Mopar cover.
It looks like Mopar one is in stock- and I have a hard time supporting companies than can’t demonstrate the tiniest bit of customer service even before purchase

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Yeah, I agree....I had been emailing and calling them a few times over the past 5-6 months and when the Mopar 2dr cover became available awhile back I emailed them one last time to let them know that even though I would prefer their product I would have to go with the other one....they emailed back and asked if I could help them get some measurements and test fit some covers so that's what we've been doing the last few weeks....they have a picture up now on their site of the 2 Dr cover so I'm thinking they're getting close to being ready

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Wow...that’s crazy. I’ve had my 4 door cover since September. Not that I was looking at the 2 door covers, but hard to believe it would take them so long to get a 2 door cover made

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar logo cover & i don't particularly care for it (2-door here). It's way overpriced & it comes with a cheap vinyl pouch with a clasp that rips off on the first open. But it's easy on the paint and water-resistant. Naturally it fades quickly from the sun.

I know a Jeep is intented for the elements,but I don't drive it every day and it's primarily to keep the birds from seeing their reflection in the windows & trying to make out with themselves...especially them woodpeckers.

I'm also waiting on a Rain Gear 2-door cover. Hope you have room on the bandwagon.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Yeah, I agree....I had been emailing and calling them a few times over the past 5-6 months and when the Mopar 2dr cover became available awhile back I emailed them one last time to let them know that even though I would prefer their product I would have to go with the other one....they emailed back and asked if I could help them get some measurements and test fit some covers so that's what we've been doing the last few weeks....they have a picture up now on their site of the 2 Dr cover so I'm thinking they're getting close to being ready
Hmm... I did see the pics on their website today, and would prefer theirs. Maybe I’ll give them one more try.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Thanks! I would probably purchase the rain gear cover, but their website states that the two door is out of stock, and repeated attempts over the past few weeks to email customer service about when it might be in stock got no response at all. This is why I was wondering about the differences between this and the Mopar cover.
It looks like Mopar one is in stock- and I have a hard time supporting companies than can’t demonstrate the tiniest bit of customer service even before purchase
I want(ed) the rain gear cover. I am really hesitant to buy one though because I've reached out to them several times over the last 6 months and I've never received a single reply. It makes me question any customer service if I run into any issues. But it's a rain cover, not a track bar or lift kit, I don't expect issues, but just makes me uneasy about buying from them.

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
I want(ed) the rain gear cover. I am really hesitant to buy one though because I've reached out to them several times over the last 6 months and I've never received a single reply. It makes me question any customer service if I run into any issues. But it's a rain cover, not a track bar or lift kit, I don't expect issues, but just makes me uneasy about buying from them.
Agreed I’ll never understand why small companies in niche markets don’t comprehend the value of good customer service. I’ve literally spent thousands more on products from companies that I trust based on my (or others’) experience with customer service (Not to mention repeat business).

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Agreed I’ll never understand why small companies in niche markets don’t comprehend the value of good customer service. I’ve literally spent thousands more on products from companies that I trust based on my (or others’) experience with customer service (Not to mention repeat business).
Exactly, I need a 4 door so I know it's available. Reply to my order question in a decent amount of time and I'll order. I recently reached out again on Monday and still nothing.

OP
OP

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Hi Hailey,
Could you give me more information (ideally pics) on the difference in folded/packed size between the Mopar cover and the 3 and 5 layer quadratic covers for the 2-door. I’ll need to store this in the Jeep (with very limited space).
Sponsored