Sponsored

Mopar lift with RK Springs?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 GC
Just curious, has anyone done this or even thought about it?

Here's the logic behind my thinking. I've asked several employees at three Jeep dealers about whether an aftermarket lift will void my warranty and of course I've gotten all different answers. My wife's cousin works at a Jeep dealer, and he's basically told me to get the Mopar lift and not worry about the warranty... and he thinks he can get me a smoking deal on the Mopar lift. And why not? Fox shocks, the LCA's, etc. if I could get all that for the price of a cheap lift with his discount...

Obviously, at a minimum, I'd be adding the RK isolators. What I'm wondering is this. Being that the Mopar lift is advertised at 2" on the Rubicon, shouldn't that make it about 2.5-3" on a Sport (which is what I have)? If I were to use all of the Mopar parts except for the springs and isolators, would the Rock Krawler 2.5" springs not be pretty close, within being able to adjust out anything on the alignment?

The reason I'm looking into the RK springs is because I installed progressive rate springs on my JKU and I instantly noticed a better ride and less jarring on bumps. Also, the whole thing about the springs bowing out kinda scares me although some have said that using the RK isolators will cure that. I'd also, eventually, build out on the lift with adjustable track bars, disconnecting sway bar links, etc. But the big thing is to have the lift look to the techs at Jeep like it's a Mopar lift. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I can't directly answer your question, but I will add this.

I am not speaking bad of the lift kit at all, however you should expect to buy (or be prepared to) adjustable track bars.

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just buy the Rock Krawler kit and be done. The Mopar kit is garbage. No good dealership is going to deny you warranty coverage because of an aftermarket lift.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey Dave, just wanted to chime in with our experience adding any kind of aftermarket lift generally does not affect warranty unless the dealership really wants to give you a hard time.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I have run the Mopar lift with their springs and Accutune springs. The fronts are about the same in lift. Accutunes are a little shorter on the rear, this makes it sit flat ( rear high look is gone.) For ride, the Accutune are softer ( comfort ride .)
With Mopar lift add in RK spring pads and front track bar, rear re-locate track bracket and you are good to go.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Just curious, has anyone done this or even thought about it?

Here's the logic behind my thinking. I've asked several employees at three Jeep dealers about whether an aftermarket lift will void my warranty and of course I've gotten all different answers. My wife's cousin works at a Jeep dealer, and he's basically told me to get the Mopar lift and not worry about the warranty... and he thinks he can get me a smoking deal on the Mopar lift. And why not? Fox shocks, the LCA's, etc. if I could get all that for the price of a cheap lift with his discount...

Obviously, at a minimum, I'd be adding the RK isolators. What I'm wondering is this. Being that the Mopar lift is advertised at 2" on the Rubicon, shouldn't that make it about 2.5-3" on a Sport (which is what I have)? If I were to use all of the Mopar parts except for the springs and isolators, would the Rock Krawler 2.5" springs not be pretty close, within being able to adjust out anything on the alignment?

The reason I'm looking into the RK springs is because I installed progressive rate springs on my JKU and I instantly noticed a better ride and less jarring on bumps. Also, the whole thing about the springs bowing out kinda scares me although some have said that using the RK isolators will cure that. I'd also, eventually, build out on the lift with adjustable track bars, disconnecting sway bar links, etc. But the big thing is to have the lift look to the techs at Jeep like it's a Mopar lift. Thoughts?
I would agree with @word302. Buy one, or the other and a good dealer won’t and can’t void a warranty due to aftermarket suspension components. It’s a pretty high bar for Jeep to prove your RK springs caused an issue where the Mopar springs wouldn’t. Now, word is an RK fan boy, so understand where that childishness comes from.
RK is a solid, high quality company with terrific components and so-so shocks. I wouldn’t hesitate to run their kits. The Mopar kit is a good kit with terrific shocks, especially at a deep discount. I would definitely run the RK pads with it. If you go that route, get the correct kit for your specifications. Also understand that most aftermarket springs will give you more than advertised lift, if you’re running a light Jeep. Meaning, they build them with the assumption that you will add some weight to it. Like bumpers, winch, armor etc.

You may or may not need extra components to adjust for geometry changes. I ended up with right at 2” after winch, sliders etc with the Mopar kit. There is no real need at 2” for adjustable trackbars unless you are just OCD freak and the Mopar kits comes with new LCA’s.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I see your a 2 door. Mine and most other 4 doors have been in the 3-3.5 of lift. Started with 3.5 and the front came down to 3, back stayed with 3.5.
factory weight 4800 now at 5400 and getting fatter.........
Sponsored