Sponsored

Mopar Lift w/Rock Krawler Springs?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 GC
Just curious, has anyone done this or even thought about it?

Here's the logic behind my thinking. I've asked several employees at three Jeep dealers about whether an aftermarket lift will void my warranty and of course I've gotten all different answers. My wife's cousin works at a Jeep dealer, and he's basically told me to get the Mopar lift and not worry about the warranty... and he thinks he can get me a smoking deal on the Mopar lift. And why not? Fox shocks, the LCA's, etc. if I could get all that for the price of a cheap lift with his discount...

Obviously, at a minimum, I'd be adding the RK isolators. What I'm wondering is this. Being that the Mopar lift is advertised at 2" on the Rubicon, shouldn't that make it about 2.5-3" on a Sport (which is what I have)? If I were to use all of the Mopar parts except for the springs and isolators, would the Rock Krawler 2.5" springs not be pretty close, within being able to adjust out anything on the alignment?

The reason I'm looking into the RK springs is because I installed progressive rate springs on my JKU and I instantly noticed a better ride and less jarring on bumps. Also, the whole thing about the springs bowing out kinda scares me although some have said that using the RK isolators will cure that. I'd also, eventually, build out on the lift with adjustable track bars, disconnecting sway bar links, etc. But the big thing is to have the lift look to the techs at Jeep like it's a Mopar lift. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Curious what responses you get. Might need to ask in the suspension forum. I was looking to replace my mopar 2" springs with RK 3.5" springs and leave my mopar fox shocks. My reason was because of the stiffer spring rate to offset some added weight in the front and possibly towing a camper in the rear.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the thinking here as well. Also don't forget about Synergy for spring replacement. Heard very good things. They make a 1,2 and 3 inch spring. Reach out to Chris the sales manager. Helpful and very knowledgeable. AND REPORT BACK!! thanks

OP
OP
dangerous dave
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 GC
Doh, I messed up. I'm going to delete this and re-post in suspension.
Sponsored