Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara and I am wanting to add a lift and 35s. I do not off-road and if I did it would be very light use. Most of my driving is 90% expressway driving at 70 to 80 mph.

I am looking at either a Mopar Lift or the Rough County 2.5 spacer lift. Drivability is very important to me and do not want sacrifices to much of that. Does anyone have any feedback on the pros and cons of using either of these lifts.

I really like the look of the Mopar Lift, as it appears to be more of a 3 inch lift. I have seen pictures of the RC lift and some look really good and others appears to not lift it a full 2.5 inches or he front looks to rack down just a little. Might be the angel of the pictures I am seeing.

I am also trying to decide on either 20 inch wheels or 18s. I like the look of the bigger wheel. Any thoughts on either of these sizes for what I will be using the Jeep for?

Appreciate any and all feedback
Sponsored

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I think the RC 2.5 would work great for your needs. I started with the RC 2.5 spacer on my sport and it worked very well and the price is great. It would probably be even better with your upgraded Sahara shocks. I have since added the Mopar springs and Rancho shocks along with a few more items but I think it should be a pretty good comparison visually of the two options on the same vehicle. The Mopar springs did give it another 1-1.5 inches of lift The wheels are 18's with 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers also. In my opinion 20's with 35's would ride a bit rougher on the road with even less side wall than the 18's with 35's.

RC spacers:

MgFUWVc.jpg

kTMSnW8.jpg

Mopar springs:

ACAs5fp.jpg

tLTiman.jpg

OP
OP
Cookiedawg

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I think the RC 2.5 would work great for your needs. I started with the RC 2.5 spacer on my sport and it worked very well and the price is great. It would probably be even better with your upgraded Sahara shocks. I have since added the Mopar springs and Rancho shocks along with a few more items but I think it should be a pretty good comparison visually of the two options on the same vehicle. The Mopar springs did give it another 1-1.5 inches of lift The wheels are 18's with 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers also. In my opinion 20's with 35's would ride a bit rougher on the road with even less side wall than the 18's with 35's.

RC spacers:

MgFUWVc.jpg

kTMSnW8.jpg

Mopar springs:

ACAs5fp.jpg

tLTiman.jpg
Appreciate it. Your Jeep looks really nice. Is the mopar springs the same that comes with Mopar Lift kit? You can certainly see the difference in the lift height.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This was my Sahara on rc 3.5 “ lift with 35/12.50/20 on fuel 20x12 rims. It rode great on the highway, I think you can get away with 2” on a rubicon, because of high line fenders, but I felt with the Sahara I needed a bit more. If I was going to lift my Jeep, I wanted it to look lifted.:)

View attachment 153358

3FE9E869-01FC-4C2E-9563-DAF51C735538.jpeg

View attachment 153357

View attachment 153359

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Appreciate it. Your Jeep looks really nice. Is the mopar springs the same that comes with Mopar Lift kit? You can certainly see the difference in the lift height.
Thanks! They are the 2 door springs that are used in the full kit.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went with the RC 2.5” spacer lift to fit 37’s on my Rubicon for now. I’m holding out until Fox comes out with their 2.0 shocks w/remote reservoirs. I got a RC adjustable track bar with it & it rides awesome. Honestly, it’s all we’d need since it’s a grocery getter & kid runner for my gf, but I’m going to put a decent shock/spring lift kit on it once the Fox 2.0 w/RR’s comes out.

DFA3986C-68FA-4E7E-A295-2D7F784EA8A8.jpeg

E5367E5D-9781-4F06-90D6-C8B852898D60.jpeg
Sponsored