ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Need advice! See attachment for my current set up

I found a great deal on a new mopar lift kit 2".

Does anybody know if you can run fox shocks from the 2" Mopar lift w/ Rubicon take off springs/spacer?? I plan on installing the LCAs. swapping sway bar links??

Part number: 68316582AA and 68316572

My wrangler currently has rubicon shocks + 90/91 rears and 59/61 front spring Rubicon take offs w/ 0.75" Daystar leveling kit all around gained roughly little over 2" (estimated)

Tires are 34" terra grapplers w/ a 6M/T 3.45 gearing on dana 44 rear and 30 front.

I am not sure i want to use the mopar springs yet due to the bowing, people report 4" lift in some wranglers, and may need other parts to correct geometry. Also i think it will raise wrangler too much and make the 34s look small and have to move up to true 35s.

I figured in the future if the plans change i can always use the rest of the lift parts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift shocks  w/ rubicon springs 20201019_085934~2
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

peple report 4" lift are on the sports as the sport wranglers are 1.75-2" shorter than the rubicons.

i would run the full lift kit as intended. the bowing was updated in the newer kits and the only thing that would be recommended was track bar to pull the axle center but its not a huge deal either way. lift kits are all rated off the rubicon spring heights. my JKS mfg kit was a 2.5" lift and gained 4.75" from my stock height on my sport. i also went with HD springs. only thing i changed was the front track bar. i added the track bar relocator for the rear which was in the kit. i do believe the mopar kit has longer lower control arms.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
OP
OP
ShadowRig

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Thanks everyone for taking the time to advice a new fellow Jeeper.

It seems like the consensus is either do full kit or stay away and get the 2.0 shocks.

I'm gonna pass on the lift kit for now. I'd love that 4" kit on 37s. Lol wishful thinking for a sport without major mods :D

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

It seems like the consensus is either do full kit or stay away and get the 2.0 shocks.

I'm gonna pass on the lift kit for now. I'd love that 4" kit on 37s. Lol wishful thinking for a sport without major mods :D
Trust me if my sport was a rubi i’d be scheming for 37s too. 35s are plenty though ;)

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

I too have a Sport S with Nitto 305/70/r17. I am thinking of doing what you have done - replace my spring with Rubicon springs and add Fox 2.0 shocks. I only need 1.5 inches of lift and will add a spacer leveling kit.

You've had your Rubicon springs for a while, how do you like the ride / performance?
Did you add any additional parts like spring perch, track bar, sway bars or LCAs?

Did you go with Fox 2.0 shocks?

Was your caster affected much after installing the springs?
Sponsored