Mopar lift shock frustration

Wkywhitealtitude

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Jeep Wrangler JLU
So ordered the wife a jlu sahara altitude from Gupton July 2021 I ordered a Mopar lift kit for it from justforJeeps.com, I had 2 gladiators and had the Mopar lift kit on both of them. I installed myself no issues whatsoever. We picked up wrangler mid September, didn’t have time to install during harvest time, we then moved and were in a rental till Memorial Day weekend.
Went to install lift 2 Saturdays ago one of the front shocks would not expand upon removing banding.
Local dealers said I would have to bring it in I said I’m not driving it on a knowingly bad shock. Contacted just for Jeeps. They used a dealer they work with for a warranty claim. Got the new shock today finally unboxed it and took banding off and nothing…. Honestly I never had issues with my gladiator Mopar lift I used it on both gladiators, just frustrating paying so much for a lift kit and you got one junk shock and replacement is bad out of box
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift shock frustration 8D0D9D9E-26D6-4A37-A1FA-122E5C12A510
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift shock frustration B3043334-50C4-47BD-BA75-5938DCF16993
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Do you know if these are Fox "branded" shocks, or manufactured by Fox?

OP
OP
Wkywhitealtitude

Wkywhitealtitude

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard of this a couple times now. Must be a lot of "made on a Friday" going on at Fox.
Glad to hear I’m not the only one but I mean I honestly wish I could return it at this point I’m sure it’s gonna be another week before I get another possibly bad shock

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Fox is not impressing me lately. Too many stories like this. Rebuilds being required sooner than expected and now two defective shocks in a row. For the cost and turn around time of a rebuild, I'd rather just buy regular gas shocks and be done. 80-100k miles of life vs 30-50k for a rebuild. I just bought a new set of Eibach shocks for my F150. I read a lot of great reviews, so I figured I would try them. The price was about the same as Bilstein 5100s and they're made in the US.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had 1 Mopar Fox shock go bad way before it should have (would not expand or re-bound fully). I bought a replacement and guess I got lucky, no issues with that one.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
For what it's worth, they are likely not defective, just were not charged prior to getting boxed up. These are IFP shocks, so cheap and also a little more tricky to charge with nitrogen.

Still not an excuse

OP
OP
Wkywhitealtitude

Wkywhitealtitude

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well at this point trying to figure out what to do, no response from justforJeeps.com. I have a work truck for my job but I don’t want my wife’s jl sitting in the barn and driving my gladiator all the time, looking at getting a pair of new front shocks… any recommendations fox 2.0? Falcon can only get a full set so not really into that

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wkywhitealtitude

Wkywhitealtitude

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I finally got a reply from justforJeeps
As this makes me feel any better….
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift shock frustration 2F21D634-509E-4BC4-BEF9-C11E0A870787

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I’m pretty sure I know the answer already, but can reservoirs be added to the IFP shocks?
Technically sure, but it would be extremely expensive (not worth it) and not something we would offer.
Sponsored