Sponsored

Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!)

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Got the big box of goodness in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) Adc82Qbl

2018 Sport S with 33’s and a thoroughly settled suspension from hanging a steel bumper and winch on it for three years. I was left with 1” of upward travel until it hit the bump stops, making for a jarring and rough ride. About 4 finger widths from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender. Not the best look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) 4o006mtl

With the Mopar lift on, it gained about 4.5”. Much better. Rides significantly smoother, less jarring, and less axle hop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) 75kGxXml

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) JVg8WwUl

My biggest worry with the Mopar lift, was getting the spring bow many seem to have gotten, and the dealer writing it off as “normal”. Even the new installation instructions show twisted andbowed springs in the pictures with a note saying bowing is normal. I don’t care what Jeep is saying, what people have been experiencing is NOT normal. Coils should not be doing this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) OAulliD

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) BLTg6nE

I decided to be proactive with the issue, and installed adjustable track bars front and rear before having the lift put on. I also used the Rock Krawler spring isolators instead of the Mopars. The Rock krawlers are a solid dense rubber. The Mopars are ruffled surprisingly soft rubber. This is what I have day one after the instal. No lateral bow, and just the slightest forward bow.

Passenger front.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) F85oac0l

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) LW27UzVl

Driver front.
LQAMyrAl.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift on Sport with RK isolators (no bow!) LepoYrdl

Im hoping that being proactive with track bars and the RK isolators will prevent these frombowing like others have been seeing. I’m sure they’ll settle over time, hopefully into alignment, and not forward/ outward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fuel Fire Desire

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I do notice a pull to the right now, the wheel needs to be held at 11 o’clock to keep it tracking straight. It did get an alignment after the lift was put on. Axles are within 1/4” of being centered. I do have a Fox steering stabilizer (not the through shaft) that was put on before the lift with no noticeable pull. All brakes and emergency brakes were checked and none drag.

For some reason, I believe the lift has brought out the effect of the constant pushing force of the single shaft stabilizer. It requires a lot of effort to compress, and wants to fully extend on its own (which would push the steering to the right).

I gave the drag link adjustment 1/2 turn, and the wheel stays straight when tracking straight, though the Jeep still wants to pull right. At least the wheel is pointed in the direction it’s tracking now.

I strongly believe this is just a result of the single shaft Fox steering stabilizer. The slight change in caster from the lift (gained nearly 5” of height, and the LCA’s are really only designed for 2”)is not fighting back against the force input by the stabilizer anymore.

The easy fix would be to just change it out to a through shaft stabilizer. The correct fix would be to get some adjustable LCA’s. But since it’s just a slight pull, with no other apparent issues, I’m just going to leave it as is until something breaks or things get sloppy.