Sponsored

MOPAR lift LCA Install Question on JLUR

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Curious, have you had an alignment done since installing? I'm wondering what your caster reading is post installation. Just had an alignment done myself (stock with longer mopar LCAs) and my caster is 7.3 degrees.
Can you share your impressions of switching the LCAs? Drivability, etc.?
Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Can you share your impressions of switching the LCAs? Drivability, etc.?
Sorry for the late response, I missed your post. Driving impression feels great. I came from a 2018 JL Sahara to this 2021 JL Rubicon. The steel steering box made a big difference out of the gate, and then longer control arms really helps return-to-center feel. Solid front axle still bounces a bit at highway speed, but it feels to kind of recenter itself quicker and more easily. I've done a quick two day there-and-back 900 mile trip a month ago (all highway driving) and never felt uneasy or unsure. This includes kissing 90mph in some passing situations (highway speed limit posted at 70) over some choppy western PA pavement. Never second guessed or felt uncomfortable with the feedback and suspension anticipation.

All in, no regrets on making the swap. On a jeep that spends 95% of its time on pavement I really enjoy the enhanced road manners.

Hope that helps. I'd be curious to hear from others who made the swap and see if their feedback aligns with mine.