Derchfl62

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Hello All,
I am a brand new Jeep owner and new member on this site. I purchased a 2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude Edition. Now planning my modifications. The first mod will be to give the Altitude some altitude with a lift kit. I will definitely be installing a Mopar lift kit to keep the warranty intact. I have been looking around at prices quite extensively and I'm questioning these EBay sellers out there. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I'm alittle suspicious of someone advertising an OEM Mopar lift kit for $500 less than other non-EBay sellers. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Check the part numbers. I think the most recent end in AD. It it ends in AC, it is old stock. Something about springs bowing on the older versions

OP
OP

Derchfl62

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You hit it right on the head Byrce. EBay ones end in a 'AB' and 'AC'. Thanks!!!!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,
I am a brand new Jeep owner and new member on this site. I purchased a 2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude Edition. Now planning my modifications. The first mod will be to give the Altitude some altitude with a lift kit. I will definitely be installing a Mopar lift kit to keep the warranty intact. I have been looking around at prices quite extensively and I'm questioning these EBay sellers out there. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I'm alittle suspicious of someone advertising an OEM Mopar lift kit for $500 less than other non-EBay sellers. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
I know a couple guys that bought their kit on eBay. They were ligit kits. The dealerships mark them up quite a bit. AD at the end of the serial number is the newest version. I had the AB version on my rig, there’s not much difference. Just changed the spring isolators. Best thing to do is purchase the rk isolators for 30.00 they’ll eliminate spring bow.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Check the part numbers. I think the most recent end in AD. It it ends in AC, it is old stock. Something about springs bowing on the older versions
You hit it right on the head Byrce. EBay ones end in a 'AB' and 'AC'. Thanks!!!!
The only difference between kits is the spring perches. Nothing else changes. Throw out the Mopar perches and buy a set of the Rock Krawler ones. Much better and springs will be straight. Also will want to buy an adjustable front track bar.

Edit: And I now see @Roky beat me lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Here is a write up of my MOPAR kit that I bought on EBAY as well as additional items I have installed from various vendors. I started on 35x12.50r20's but now have 37x13.50r17's. Ride is good for a 37x13.50 AGGRESSIVE mud tire, NO excessive spring BOW and the RK rear spring pads worked really good for better leveling since I am going to be carrying some extra weight in the back. The lift added just a hair over 3" of true lift over stock (not counting tires).

Starting with the MOPAR lift here is a list of components from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I did my own installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan was to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
The total investment for this suspension build was around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding the few upgrades this ends up being a good affordable lift. Sure there are BETTER lifts available but I seriously doubt a more "complete" kit could be done for the same money.

We have had it out a few times since the install and according to the wife the lift WORKS GREAT! I'm just the spotter/mechanic:)

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

OP
OP

Derchfl62

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loki,
Thanks for the detailed info!!!! It has been added to my file. This is totally helpful.

One more question. I would like to do this install myself. Can it really be done on the floor with jack stands and a jack? I have watched quite a few installs online and I'm a bit hesitant because it looks so much easier on a lift.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Loki,
Thanks for the detailed info!!!! It has been added to my file. This is totally helpful.

One more question. I would like to do this install myself. Can it really be done on the floor with jack stands and a jack? I have watched quite a few installs online and I'm a bit hesitant because it looks so much easier on a lift.
Loki,

Absolutely. Did mine in my garage with a floor Jack and Jack stands by myself in about a day taking my time and lots of breaks.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Excellent thread. Was wondering the difference(s) in the eBay kits as well. Good to know it’s just the spring perches. I’ve already purchased the RK spring isolators but am trying to hold out for an eBay 15% off sale or Black Friday to see if I can get an even better deal on the lift. I already have the adjustable front track bar (installed with with current rough country spacer lift) and have the rear track bar bracket (to be installed) so I also think the mopar kit is good for the price. The shocks alone seem they would be in the 600-800 range so the whole kit for $1100 or less seems hard to beat.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent thread. Was wondering the difference(s) in the eBay kits as well. Good to know it’s just the spring perches. I’ve already purchased the RK spring isolators but am trying to hold out for an eBay 15% off sale or Black Friday to see if I can get an even better deal on the lift. I already have the adjustable front track bar (installed with with current rough country spacer lift) and have the rear track bar bracket (to be installed) so I also think the mopar kit is good for the price. The shocks alone seem they would be in the 600-800 range so the whole kit for $1100 or less seems hard to beat.
The biggest difference is most of the kits on eBay are older serial number kits, which doesn’t matter, because all they did to the newer kit was change the coil isolators. But imho they’re not any better.

If you’re dead set on this kit then you’re going about it the right way, having your extra parts. You’ll probably get over 3” of lift, so I would suggest you get some adjustable lcas as well.The ones with the kit are fixed and not long enough for enough caster.. just my .02.

That being said, I would recommend the Rock Krawler 2.5 or 3.5 XFactor. By far a way better kit...especially if you wheel your rig......:)

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The shocks are the only thing in the kit that's worth a crap and they limit articulation compared to most in the aftermarket.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
The biggest difference is most of the kits on eBay are older serial number kits, which doesn’t matter, because all they did to the newer kit was change the coil isolators. But imho they’re not any better.

If you’re dead set on this kit then you’re going about it the right way, having your extra parts. You’ll probably get over 3” of lift, so I would suggest you get some adjustable lcas as well.The ones with the kit are fixed and not long enough for enough caster.. just my .02.

That being said, I would recommend the Rock Krawler 2.5 or 3.5 XFactor. By far a way better kit...especially if you wheel your rig......:)
Damn near twice as much. You say it’s shock limited on the flex, I currently am running shock extensions with my factory shocks and spacer kit, have you heard of anyone running the fox shocks with shock extenders?
I have 37s so the shocks limiting flex may also help me rub less which I’ll take. I do wheel my rig, but I’m not out every weekend. Went to Moab with my rough country spacer lift and didn’t have any issues.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Damn near twice as much. You say it’s shock limited on the flex, I currently am running shock extensions with my factory shocks and spacer kit, have you heard of anyone running the fox shocks with shock extenders?
I have 37s so the shocks limiting flex may also help me rub less which I’ll take. I do wheel my rig, but I’m not out every weekend. Went to Moab with my rough country spacer lift and didn’t have any issues.
No... I haven’t heard anyone running extenders with Fox 2.5s. Glad to hear you’re wheeling it though brother.....:rock:
Sponsored