First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker
anyone heard about any issues with the stock track bar and steeering issues when getting the mopar lift?

just wondering if I need to budget for a track bar too. I don’t want alignment issues.

for reference the concern came from this video
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
anyone heard about any issues with the stock track bar and steeering issues when getting the mopar lift?

just wondering if I need to budget for a track bar too. I don’t want alignment issues.

for reference the concern came from this video
I’ve installed over a dozen Mopar’s over the last couple years and not one gave exactly 2”. This may help, especially if it’s a Rubi they’re light on caster from the factory.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124/

OP
OP
TheConquerorWorm

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker
I’ve installed over a dozen Mopar’s over the last couple years and not one gave exactly 2”. This may help, especially if it’s a Rubi they’re light on caster from the factory.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124/
thanks for the link and write up. I wish the search would’ve hit on it.

I’m sure it’s annoying to keep linking. Maybe you need to start that as a thread and get it stIcked for nubs like me 😁

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the link and write up. I wish the search would’ve hit on it.

I’m sure it’s annoying to keep linking. Maybe you need to start that as a thread and get it stIcked for nubs like me 😁
No problem...... it’s easier now being in my bookmarks, lol. I don’t mind, if got any ? just reach out......✌

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Some people are overly concerned about the lack of track bars, adjustable CA's, etc. on the Mopar lift IMO. Many, many people have installed the lift and racked up tens of thousands of miles without issues. I installed it on my Rubicon and had the front end examined immediately just for S&G. The specs fell within Jeep's recommendations. The owner of the alignment shop made a comment on how well it drove, and mine does drive great! Is it wrong for some to add trackbars, CA's, and brackets? No. But in my research and the experience of a lot of people, including a few popular Jeep enthusiasts, it's a great entry level setup by itself. I think problems some people may be experiencing is due to improper install. Not loosening all the suspension components before install and/or not letting the Jeep sit back down on its own weight before tightening components has an impact on bushing life. I've read how many dealers have even installed it wrong, springs in the wrong positions, pads installed wrong, etc.

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Some people are overly concerned about the lack of track bars, adjustable CA's, etc. on the Mopar lift IMO. Many, many people have installed the lift and racked up tens of thousands of miles without issues. I installed it on my Rubicon and had the front end examined immediately just for S&G. The specs fell within Jeep's recommendations. The owner of the alignment shop made a comment on how well it drove, and mine does drive great! Is it wrong for some to add trackbars, CA's, and brackets? No. But in my research and the experience of a lot of people, including a few popular Jeep enthusiasts, it's a great entry level setup by itself. I think problems some people may be experiencing is due to improper install. Not loosening all the suspension components before install and/or not letting the Jeep sit back down on its own weight before tightening components has an impact on bushing life. I've read how many dealers have even installed it wrong.
If this lift was truly a 2" lift, there would be far less need for adding control arms and track bars. However, it appears people are getting 3" plus out of it. A lift at that height typically does require extra components to do it correctly.

Great for the ones that install it as is and are happy with it. There are those that will need the extra components to make it right.
Sponsored