Mopar lift issue - dealer install

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I posted this also in the suspension board - I am new and not sure if I put this in the right place...

I come to notice that the dealer (who installed the Mopar lift) put the front springs on the wrong sides - 065AA is on the passenger and 067AA is on the driver. Does this matter or are they exactly the same? The issue is I would have to drive it back (which is not close at all) and have them swap them. The Manual seems to specify passenger vs driver but are they technically any different?

Is anyone here a Mopar tech that would have the actual technical answer rather than just speculation?

This is super annoying as it is brand new!

THANKS!
Sponsored

Attachments

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This exact same thing happened to me. Yes--you want them to switch them. Your coil will rub when you are off road, especially if your sway bars are disco'd. One of the springs is designed to have some curvature, but you need it on the correct side.

They put mine on backwards and it wasn't until I was in Moab that it began rubbing and making noise.

I took it back to dealer and they apologized and actually ordered me a NEW coil since the other one was bowed more than it needed to be since it was on the wrong side.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
PS--Just found a pic of it. This is when they had it on the wrong side. It kept getting worse and worse.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift issue - dealer install IMG_0513
Sponsored