Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's a 2" on a Rubi but on a sport it's like 3 to 3.5" right? Or is there a different kit for differnt trim? These kits need a track bar especially at the price they are. I just priced out a MetalCloak 2.5" that comes with track bars and upper CA for $1600 same price I see the Mopar kit for.
I’ve never installed one that gave only 2” of lift on any trim, my Rubi got almost 3.5” when I put it on back in the day.

OP
OP
ColoJL

ColoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 Rubicon
Your welcome........ this might help clear some of it up....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124/
I've already checked that thread. In fact, that's the tread that I used as a guide to measure the axle offset and buy the steer smart track bar and Daystar spring correction pads. I just haven't installed them yet because I wanted to exhaust the dealer fix options first.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have to go pick it up from the dealer in a couple hours. I'll get the measurement and post a little later today. Thanks for the help.
Maybe grab a couple pics also while measuring. Could be spring not completely seated in perch. But I do think Adj TB and new perches will help :like:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've already checked that thread. In fact, that's the tread that I used as a guide to measure the axle offset and buy the steer smart track bar and Daystar spring correction pads. I just haven't installed them yet because I wanted to exhaust the dealer fix options first.
I gotcha..... dealer not gonna be much help at this point I’m afraid.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoJL

ColoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 Rubicon
Yeah it's a 2" on a Rubi but on a sport it's like 3 to 3.5" right? Or is there a different kit for differnt trim? These kits need a track bar especially at the price they are. I just priced out a MetalCloak 2.5" that comes with track bars and upper CA for $1600 same price I see the Mopar kit for.
It looks like 14 1/4" on the passenger side and 14 1/2" in the driver side.
Hi Ward..... the whole problem you’re having boils down to one thing, you got more than 2” of lift, now your geometry is off. If axle is shifted 3/4” than I’m guessing you got 3 “ of lift. Can you get a measurement for me, measure from the top of the axle to bottom of coil spring housing like in pic.....

2561FD3C-7A32-4672-BFB9-0BA95E3D552F.jpeg

0511211658.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift is Supposed to Rub Frame? 0511211658
Great.... that means you got 3” and 3-1/4” of lift out of your lift. I would also recommend you get a pair of adjustable lcas as well. The lcas that came with the lift aren’t going to be long enough to give you enough caster. Once you get these things installed and get it squared up and stretched out, it will ride and handle great.

OKKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR Recon
The installer may have torqued everything while the axle was hanging with the Jeep on a lift. You may try loosening the bolts on the lower control arms and re-torqueing with the wheels on the ground. You may see if the dealer will try this. It is an important part of the install process due to the type of bushings used.

The recommendations others have made for an adjustable track bar and adjustable lower control arms properly installed with an alignment would most likely make the Jeep ride it's happiest though.
Sponsored