Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is the top isolators turned the right way, there’s two nubs on them that go in the holes in the coil housing. I’m late to the party sorry if this has been asked and answered.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Is the top isolators turned the right way, there’s two nubs on them that go in the holes in the coil housing. I’m late to the party sorry if this has been asked and answered.
Yes, the top isolators are in with the nubs going through. They are the isolators that were installed with the Mopar kit was installed at the dealership. I keep putting them back in the same sides they came out of, are those side specific? ... because the bottom pads/isolators/seats are side specific, and they were installed on the wrong sides by the dealership.

Also, just to catch you up, I began by installing the RK 'correction pads' with the mopar lift springs. That put my passenger side tie rod into the coil spring. So I put the mopar coil pads/seats back in (on the correct sides this time) and ordered the RK springs for 2.5" JLUR diesel... I even got the RK kit that comes with the pads just to make sure I was using the right pads/isolators/seats. It came with the same 'correction pads' ... which pushed the RK coil on the passenger front into the tie rod.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the top isolators are in with the nubs going through. They are the isolators that were installed with the Mopar kit was installed at the dealership. I keep putting them back in the same sides they came out of, are those side specific? ... because the bottom pads/isolators/seats are side specific, and they were installed on the wrong sides by the dealership.

Also, just to catch you up, I began by installing the RK 'correction pads' with the mopar lift springs. That put my passenger side tie rod into the coil spring. So I put the mopar coil pads/seats back in (on the correct sides this time) and ordered the RK springs for 2.5" JLUR diesel... I even got the RK kit that comes with the pads just to make sure I was using the right pads/isolators/seats. It came with the same 'correction pads' ... which pushed the RK coil on the passenger front into the tie rod.
You keep saying tie rod, do you mean sway bar ? The top isolators are the same for both sides……

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
You keep saying tie rod, do you mean sway bar ? The top isolators are the same for both sides……
Yes, the end of the sway bar where it connects to what I call a tie rod. The part circled here... this photo is on driver side...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_160003194

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Yes, the end of the sway bar where it connects to what I call a tie rod. The part circled here... this photo is on driver side...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_160003194
Just for future reference, swaybar and swaybar endlink are what you're looking at there.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Ok , I read through the thread…. Do you have an angle finder, preferably like the one in the pic…….if so put it on the flat circled in pic, I’d like to see what the caster/pinion angle is showing……..just like the stock track bar pulls the axle to the drivers side when lifted, the fixed lcas pull back on the axle as well. You see mine says just about 90 degrees, that’s 6 degrees of caster, which is where you want to be at 2-3” of lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod D4508E52-5B13-470C-838B-3302162479CA
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod 7793FD60-D4AE-42C9-AC15-2BC82885CE2D

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Ok , I read through the thread…. Do you have an angle finder, preferably like the one in the pic…….if so put it on the flat circled in pic, I’d like to see what the caster/pinion angle is showing……..just like the stock track bar pulls the axle to the drivers side when lifted, the fixed lcas pull back on the axle as well. You see mine says just about 90 degrees, that’s 6 degrees of caster, which is where you want to be at 2-3” of lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod 7793FD60-D4AE-42C9-AC15-2BC82885CE2D
I will do this in the morning and post back what I find. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Are all the suspension components installed torqued to spec in the below photo?

1. Notice the angle of the sway bar link, this would suggest that your axle has shifted severely to the drivers side of the vehicle!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod f2cbd442-a07d-48cf-a4b7-8fe4ad5c7777
My post #41 from this thread shows how everything looks with the mopar lift kit coils and pads.

The RK correction pads have the same effect on both the mopar coil springs and the RK 2.5" JLUR diesel springs, the driver side coil ends up further back (away from) the sway bar and the passenger side ends up jammed into the sway bar.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Very odd indeed... If your axle is centered then perhaps;

1. The RK pads are defective.
2. The RK coils are defective, or incorrectly labeled (made for a lighter weight application).

I would think #1 and #2 are unlikely but not impossible.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Just going to throw this in here. My last jeep (2021 Rubi 3.6) I used both correction pads to get my coils straight. This jeep (2022 392, heavier) it took stock pad on passenger and correction pad on driver to get them straight. Lift used on both was Metalcloak 2.5 GC. There have been several people that have had to do this.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Are all the suspension components installed torqued to spec in the below photo?

1. Notice the angle of the sway bar link, this would suggest that your axle has shifted severely to the drivers side of the vehicle!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod f2cbd442-a07d-48cf-a4b7-8fe4ad5c7777
That's a really good point, does indicate that the axle may not be adjusted 100%. @rubiconman, can you snap some pics showing how you measured that the axle is indeed centered?
Sponsored