OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Good luck man. I’m around this weekend if another set of eyes would help.
Thanks! You are right down the road. I had not noticed that before you mentioned it.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m truly lost for words for the OP.
I kind of see where he is coming from about taking back to dealer. He has some extra aftermarket pieces not included in mopar lift which most dealers would point at and likely refuse to do anything. Just my opinion

Sponsored

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I kind of see where he is coming from about taking back to dealer. He has some extra aftermarket pieces not included in mopar lift which most dealers would point at and likely refuse to do anything. Just my opinion
I respect your thoughts.

say hello to Deep Ellum for me. I miss it.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Then I noticed the dealer installed the front springs on the wrong sides in the front, so I swapped those. That did not fix the problem.
Who knows what else they messed up? I did my Mopar lift myself and triple checked the springs were going on the correct position of the Jeep. I actually laid them out on the garage floor on the appropriate corner before even jacking the Jeep off the ground. The instructions for the mopar kit are very detailed.

Now that you've DIYed the repair, you may want to find a reputable Jeep shop to take a look at it. Bummer that you've had this much drama with a dealership install of a factory accessory.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I believe @DanW went with drop brackets and tried both with and without Mopar lift LCAs and went back to standard LCAs. Maybe he will weigh in 👍🏻
Yep, I had Rancho drop brackets and it did not work well at all with the Mopar lift's LCA's. I obtained a set of standard LCA's but then decided to go back to just the Mopar lift setup without the drop brackets. I was glad I did. I then added a Fox steering stabilizer that has something like 24 settings. I just firmed it up to where I liked the steering feel and it took care of everything. It has felt great ever since.

If you do the drop brackets, I'd definitely go with standard Rubicon LCA's. Not the longer Mopar lift LCA's. It made for too much caster. I think the standard LCA's would have worked better, but since I did not try them, I'm not sure.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Yep, I had Rancho drop brackets and it did not work well at all with the Mopar lift's LCA's. I obtained a set of standard LCA's but then decided to go back to just the Mopar lift setup without the drop brackets. I was glad I did. I then added a Fox steering stabilizer that has something like 24 settings. I just firmed it up to where I liked the steering feel and it took care of everything. It has felt great ever since.

If you do the drop brackets, I'd definitely go with standard Rubicon LCA's. Not the longer Mopar lift LCA's. It made for too much caster. I think the standard LCA's would have worked better, but since I did not try them, I'm not sure.
Good deal, I will put the LCAs that came on my Rubicon back on, if that doesn't work then I will take those drop brackets off and put the mopar lift LCAs back on. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
Who knows what else they messed up? I did my Mopar lift myself and triple checked the springs were going on the correct position of the Jeep. I actually laid them out on the garage floor on the appropriate corner before even jacking the Jeep off the ground. The instructions for the mopar kit are very detailed.

Now that you've DIYed the repair, you may want to find a reputable Jeep shop to take a look at it. Bummer that you've had this much drama with a dealership install of a factory accessory.
Yeah, I am not counting this as a negative towards the dealership as much as the kit itself. In fact the dealership first suggested a non mopar kit to begin with... so maybe they were actually trying to tell me something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
First I put the stock Rubicon LCAs back on, it helped... but not enough to stop the rubbing. So I took the RK correction pads out and put the Mopar kit pads back in, paying close attention to put the seats and coils on the proper side, and it got the spring off the tie rod! They are still bowed, but not bowed into my tie rod.

I know the dealer put the coils on the wrong side, now I wonder if the seats were also on the wrong sides... I did not pay attention when I initially put the RK correction pads in. I will probably replace the coils with the RKs anyhow, just to have straight coils. But for now I am glad to be back in business. Thanks again for the help!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_155932001

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_155937671

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_155944524

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_155955802

Correction brackets set at the middle setting, with my stock Rubicon LCAs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_160055145

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221202_160119395

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
From the RK site you would need:

Front (Springs only - you have the pads): RK07727P
Here is how the RK07727P coil springs fit.

Either something is different about my 2023 model than the previous JLUR diesels, or I am somehow getting the wrong part from RK.

RK parts, so far, only made the situation worse.

I am back to the mopar pads and springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod f2cbd442-a07d-48cf-a4b7-8fe4ad5c7777

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221208_174944808

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221208_174948378

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift bowed springs - One coil rubs on tie rod PXL_20221208_174955571

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
That spring looks like the axle is shifted. If that’s a 3.5” spring and he’s on a stock track bar, the axle will shift almost an inch, which causes spring bow….
It is a 2.5" spring and I have an adjustable track bar.
Sponsored