OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
I am running Rock Krawler 2.5" coils front and rear in combination with the correction pads. They provide less lift than the Mopar springs IMO. The trick here is that you are most likely going to need to replace both front and rear coils as a set, I would not replace just the front coils with another brand.

My opinion: Remove anything you added (RK pads, etc.) and take it back to the dealer and make them make it right. This is a warranty/installation issue. This will also ensure the Jeep warranty on your lift is intact and the dealer wont give you BS in the future.
Besides the correction pads, would I need any other spring related hardware? I see there is a RK coil kit, and also the coils only. Do you think the (front) RK07727K - Diesel/Hemi Swapped - 2.5" and the (rear) RK07843K - DIESEL - 2.5" coil kits would be the correct kits for my application?

I thought about that, but what are they going to do? Keep my jeep for a couple days, have the same guy who let it leave like this 'fix' it by getting it to where it has just enough room to not rub. Even then, they can only get it as 'right' as the kit was designed. The more I think about the kit requiring non oem parts to straighten the coils and not providing a correction for the tracking, the more I think this kit is sub par in design.

I really liked the idea of getting a manufacturer approved/designed kit that was functional, reliable, and preserved the warranty... but so far it has been a bit disappointing. I am learning a lot about my first jeep though!
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Besides the correction pads, would I need any other spring related hardware? I see there is a RK coil kit, and also the coils only. Do you think the (front) RK07727K - Diesel/Hemi Swapped - 2.5" and the (rear) RK07843K - DIESEL - 2.5" coil kits would be the correct kits for my application?

I thought about that, but what are they going to do? Keep my jeep for a couple days, have the same guy who let it leave like this 'fix' it by getting it to where it has just enough room to not rub. Even then, they can only get it as 'right' as the kit was designed. The more I think about the kit requiring non oem parts to straighten the coils and not providing a correction for the tracking, the more I think this kit is sub par in design.

I really liked the idea of getting a manufacturer approved/designed kit that was functional, reliable, and preserved the warranty... but so far it has been a bit disappointing. I am learning a lot about my first jeep though!

From the RK site you would need:

Front (Springs only - you have the pads): RK07727P
Rear (Springs with correction spacer): RK07843K

If you go this route might as well order a adjustable track bar for the front: RK06187HD
Up to you if you want the rear track bar relocation kit too: RK06718K

I used the Mopar lift shocks on my JLU, so you should be fine with those.

Honestly it should be an easy fix for the dealership, either the upper part of the spring is not seated correctly in the pad, or they need to order new springs. This is definitely not normal for the Mopar kit and something is wrong. But you are correct, it may take them awhile to order the new springs (assuming that is what the issue is) or for the tech to "figure it out".

I still vote for let them "figure it out".

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
From the RK site you would need:

Front (Springs only - you have the pads): RK07727P
Rear (Springs with correction spacer): RK07843K

If you go this route might as well order a adjustable track bar for the front: RK06187HD
Up to you if you want the rear track bar relocation kit too: RK06718K

I used the Mopar lift shocks on my JLU, so you should be fine with those.

Honestly it should be an easy fix for the dealership, either the upper part of the spring is not seated correctly in the pad, or they need to order new springs. This is definitely not normal for the Mopar kit and something is wrong. But you are correct, it may take them awhile to order the new springs (assuming that is what the issue is) or for the tech to "figure it out".

I still vote for let them "figure it out".
I already got the Teraflex front and rear adjustable track bars.

I cannot tell from RKs site if they have the springs in stock. I am looking for an etailer that has them right now.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting. I did not think about that. The AEV brackets are advertised as working with stock LCAs, on vehicle's with 2" - 4.5" lifts. I assumed they meant the stock LCA from the lift kit. Thanks for this tidbit!
If you want to keep AEV brackets I would swap stock LCAs back in. The extra length of Mopar lift LCAs seems to pushing axle forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
This…

Period, end of story.
I disagree. I would still end up with bowed springs and off center axles. I made a mistake in going with this kit. I cannot go back to the dealer and demand they redesign the kit.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If you want to keep AEV brackets I would swap stock LCAs back in. The extra length of Mopar lift LCAs seems to pushing axle forward.
This is also very possible as well. I have not seen this combination in person, but the logic sounds right.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I disagree. I would still end up with bowed springs and off center axles. I made a mistake in going with this kit. I cannot go back to the dealer and demand they redesign the kit.
How’s that? If the dealership ordered the right Mopar kit then you wouldn’t have bowed springs. They need to make it right! The job that is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
This is also very possible as well. I have not seen this combination in person, but the logic sounds right.
I believe @DanW went with drop brackets and tried both with and without Mopar lift LCAs and went back to standard LCAs. Maybe he will weigh in 👍🏻

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
How’s that? If the dealership ordered the right Mopar kit then you wouldn’t have bowed springs. They need to make it right! The job that is.
It's the correct mopar kit, per mopars website. The manual even says the coils are supposed to be bowed.

OP
OP
rubiconman

rubiconman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel
I believe @DanW went with drop brackets and tried both with and without Mopar lift LCAs and went back to standard LCAs. Maybe he will weigh in 👍🏻
That will be my first order of business in the morning.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That will be my first order of business in the morning.
Good luck man. I’m around this weekend if another set of eyes would help.
Sponsored