Sponsored

Mopar Lift Bowed Springs - Has this been fixed?

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
So I'm flying out tomorrow to pick up my Jeep Thursday. I've been looking at mild lifts i.e. EVO, MetalCloak, Mopar. I've also been looking at extended warranty/service plans. One of the caveats is that Mopar will offer a Lift Kit plan to go along with the Mopar lift as long as it's installed by a Mopar Professional, a.k.a. dealership.

And before the ranting starts, I'm sure that some dealers will argue that any service plan is intended for on-road use only so the fact I drove down a dusty fire road is the root cause for the speaker malfunctioning. But aside from the random dispshit dealer, I think most would be more likely to honor the extended warranty if the lift kit were with it. factoryplans.com basically told me, do not buy our extended plan if you have any intention of lifting or modifying your vehicle outside of the mopar lift.

With that said, I've heard both horror stories and rave reviews of the Mopar lift. The one consistency is the bowed springs after use off road. I know there was a TSB at some point, but others have claimed the improved perch is identical to the stock perch, so it's fix is not really a fix. Also, because it has a tendency to lift higher than the advertised 2", adjustable trackbars and/or relocation brackets are a common recommendation.

My question is, after all the talk, feedback, engineering changes (last I saw online the kit was on AF...so the 5th version of the kit) has the bowed spring issue been worked out? For those that have had it and wheeled it, how does it hold up?

I'd like to say I'd be doing moderate to difficult trails, running 35's or 37's, but now that I'm old, fat, and married, probably restricted to 35's and moderate trails at best.
Sponsored