• Total voters

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
It’s definitely a bummer that this is where we are at. After installing a lift that the manufacturer has done R&D on and it could be the reason that the Jeep has DW. It takes the fun out of modifying a vehicle that has been heavily modified in previous models. I have no problem taking the lift off and going back to stock. I just find it hard to believe that there are jeeps with and without the mopar lift that still have DW issues. Kind of to the point that no one Jeep is alike even though they have identical parts and with the tinniest variation in a component, the vehicles respond completely different.
Jeep has gone so long without completion they got complacent. They designed an aluminum gear box that was junk. They built the frame to deal with the load of the aluminum box. Then they finally made a cast iron box but the frame flexes under the load. They lifted the rubicon and “adjusted” the caster specs to deal with the fact there was not enough caster in the rubicon. There is no other vehicle out there that they have two of the same platforms with a 2 degree caster variation. They knew there was issues, and still know there are issues, but rolled the dice because they had the market cornered. It’s no coincidence the gear box “fix” came out right after the release of the Bronco. Trust me I love my Jeep but there are issues that go all the way back to the original design.
Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Jeep has gone so long without completion they got complacent. They designed an aluminum gear box that was junk. They built the frame to deal with the load of the aluminum box. Then they finally made a cast iron box but the frame flexes under the load. They lifted the rubicon and “adjusted” the caster specs to deal with the fact there was not enough caster in the rubicon. There is no other vehicle out there that they have two of the same platforms with a 2 degree caster variation. They knew there was issues, and still know there are issues, but rolled the dice because they had the market cornered. It’s no coincidence the gear box “fix” came out right after the release of the Bronco. Trust me I love my Jeep but there are issues that go all the way back to the original design.
you are the one here I’m watching the most. I hope you get some resolution soon.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 2 JL's. First had a 2 1/2 Teraflex lift, ZERO issues. My new '21 with the MOPAR lift, death wabble at 8,000 miles and getting worse. Been to the dealership 2X, those were worthless trips.... There are zillions of threads on this and with my autistic tendencies my head explodes trying to decipher them. Anyone have any luck with like different LCA's etc? TYIA , and if repeating this question offends you, please just move along.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I had my Mopar 2' lift professionally installed and I've never had any issues.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Just a question, how much do you guys think that DW is driver related in some instances?

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Death Wobble; no.

but the Mopar Lift for the Diesel took the Willys up 4.3" in the front and 3+" in the rear; i've been chasing Bump Steer ever since.

winch and bumper helped bring the front back down to 3.8".
already done adjustable Track Bars to get the axles back under the vehicle, Track Bar mount Relocation brackets to get the track bars aligned back to parallel, and longer LCAs to get the pinion pointed back where it belongs with 6+º of negative caster, and a Synergy Sector Shaft brace.
every step has helped, but it's not right yet.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a few threads on here where people were fighting death wobble and had the new steering gear.
I've had 2 JL's. My 19 had ZERO issues with a Teraflex lift. My '21 would have the steel box I'm 90% sure. It has the crap MOPAR lift and terrible death wobble.

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I still don’t understand what it is about the Mopar lift that people think can cause death wobble? Not the shocks. Not the sway links. Not the springs. LCA and not enough castor? Maybe a bit of wondering but DW? Doubtful. Lack of adjustable track bar? Again doubtful that can cause DW. That’s it. Nothing else. Installation issues? Maybe?
I added an adjustable track bar and my axle is centered. Drives just like it did stock. Had my alignment checked and my caster is 5.2. May do adjustable LCA in future just because so many say it drives even better at 6 plus degrees. But I haven’t had a hint of DW

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I still don’t understand what it is about the Mopar lift that people think can cause death wobble? Not the shocks. Not the sway links. Not the springs. LCA and not enough castor? Maybe a bit of wondering but DW? Doubtful. Lack of adjustable track bar? Again doubtful that can cause DW. That’s it. Nothing else. Installation issues? Maybe?
I added an adjustable track bar and my axle is centered. Drives just like it did stock. Had my alignment checked and my caster is 5.2. May do adjustable LCA in future just because so many say it drives even better at 6 plus degrees. But I haven’t had a hint of DW
I have 2020 Rubicon Diesel and installed two Mopar 2" lifts and put on 37" tires. First one was 3.6l type because diesel type was not available. Second one after I I was able to buy diesel type. I drove my jeep for about a month on 37" tires without lift while I was waiting for one. After I installed first Mopar 2" lift my jeep was riding better then without it. It rode the same with second diesel designated lift as well. Never had any hint of DW. People badmouthing Mopar lift don't know what they are talking about. Period. I paid $1,200 for non diesel one and $1,400 for diesel one. Plus, my jeep is not leaning sideways like some with other lifts. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored