DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, your dealer is telling the truth, the part numbers for the lift kits is NOT in star parts yet, but it IS in the paper performance catalog. Also, Quadratec shows the part numbers. They aren't easy to get right now, the dealer will probably have to ask his rep to get him the lift. Once everything is rolling, I'd assume they'll be readily available.
I don't know why guys who spend 8 hours a day in the parts department can't figure that out. It baffles me. No sweat, though. Quadratec will ship it to my door.
Sponsored

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2022 WL75
As someone who spends 8 hours a day in parts, it's not the parts people, it's Chrysler. There are accessories in StarParts that sell for over $1000 that don't even have pictures. The current performance catalog available online for Chrysler parts people is copyright 2009. You can only work with what they give you.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who spends 8 hours a day in parts, it's not the parts people, it's Chrysler. There are accessories in StarParts that sell for over $1000 that don't even have pictures. The current performance catalog available online for Chrysler parts people is copyright 2009. You can only work with what they give you.
Yes, but you figured it out. My guy didn't even seem to try.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
My dealer said they couldn't even find it in their system and to call them back in a month. NO WAY. I ordered tonight from Quadratec. It is amazing that other dealers actually have these in stock. I spoke to one in Texas today that said he was staring right at the crate while on the phone with me. So how the hell can my dealer not even see it in the computer? Weird.

Quadratec says they sold out the few they had, but that they should get more in a week or so. The day it arrives, I'll make an appointment at my Jeep dealer to have it installed. I'll then go straight from the dealer to Discount Tire to get the 315/70/17 BFG KO2s installed. I'm going with the "C" load rating over the "E." I want the smoother ride and lower price. (About 200 bucks less for five of them.)
Must just be your parts guy. Mine could see the 360+ were on backorder lol and could also order one, and see every dealership that has one. Who knows how long it will take. I was pretty frustrated with quadratec as I asked them before I ordered and they told me it was in stock, 3 of them, then backordered it on me.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Must just be your parts guy. Mine could see the 360+ were on backorder lol and could also order one, and see every dealership that has one. Who knows how long it will take. I was pretty frustrated with quadratec as I asked them before I ordered and they told me it was in stock, 3 of them, then backordered it on me.
They did say they expect another shipment soon. They told me I was #2 in line, so I must be behind you. I ordered Friday eve.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
They did say they expect another shipment soon. They told me I was #2 in line, so I must be behind you. I ordered Friday eve.
I ordered Friday morning, but ended up just canceling once it went back order and I talked to my parts guys. So may be number 1 now!
Ended up just doing through dealer, he’s trying to get it from a nearby dealer. Could end up taking longer but I’m not in a huge rush anyway. 35s will fit next week for time being then I’ll have jeep put it on next week.
I’m just going with piece of mind since it’s such a big makeover and new model I want to keep it all at jeep so any problems that may occur are for sure covered. I know people may say if I do the lift myself or someone else they have to honor warranty etc. Either way I’ll pay a little more in labor for the piece of mind!
Even stock it already feels bigger than the jk, with just a 2” thing is going to be a beast

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I ordered Friday morning, but ended up just canceling once it went back order and I talked to my parts guys. So may be number 1 now!
Ended up just doing through dealer, he’s trying to get it from a nearby dealer. Could end up taking longer but I’m not in a huge rush anyway. 35s will fit next week for time being then I’ll have jeep put it on next week.
I’m just going with piece of mind since it’s such a big makeover and new model I want to keep it all at jeep so any problems that may occur are for sure covered. I know people may say if I do the lift myself or someone else they have to honor warranty etc. Either way I’ll pay a little more in labor for the piece of mind!
Even stock it already feels bigger than the jk, with just a 2” thing is going to be a beast
I may have missed it and apologies if so but how much labor did your dealer say for installing the lift kit? Thanks.

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Just for reference my quote for our local Jeep shop (highly recommended locally) was 260 for the installation. I'm providing the lift (ordered from quadratec). IMO they will do a much better job than a dealer - and my warranty won't be impacted.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Just for reference my quote for our local Jeep shop (highly recommended locally) was 260 for the installation. I'm providing the lift (ordered from quadratec). IMO they will do a much better job than a dealer - and my warranty won't be impacted.
Great deal.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep shop? Is that an independent mechanic?

Sponsored

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Jeep shop? Is that an independent mechanic?
Just a local shop that specializes in jeeps. They have a great reputation and I trust they will do a great job. I feel like the dealer "might" do a great job. Lol. I'm sure the dealer would charge significantly more.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, as long as it is installed correctly, there should not be any warranty issue, right? I saw a guy somewhere here on the forum say that he and a buddy put the Mopar lift on a JL in about 1 hour. Really, when you look at it, it looks simple enough, even I could do it. No brake line fiddling, either. The only hard part for me would be compressing the springs. I saw a Youtube video where you can do it with ratchet straps. The shocks look easier than JK shocks, and I've done a front JK shock. I know nothing about the lower control arms. Maybe they're easy to bolt on?

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2022 WL75
What kind of warranty issues are you worried about? The pieces provided in the lift have a parts warranty. The lift would have to cause something to fail for there to be any kind of issue. You seldom see see any issues with a 2" lift, except oversized tires bottoming out on the fenders and busting the retainers loose, which wouldn't be covered by warranty anyways. Most dealers don't want to ding anyone unless they see abuse.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of warranty issues are you worried about? The pieces provided in the lift have a parts warranty. The lift would have to cause something to fail for there to be any kind of issue. You seldom see see any issues with a 2" lift, except oversized tires bottoming out on the fenders and busting the retainers loose, which wouldn't be covered by warranty anyways. Most dealers don't want to ding anyone unless they see abuse.
I know legally they could not deny a warranty claim unless they could show the lift/tires caused it. I just don't want the hassle when they see I didn't have it installed by them.

My biggest worry isn't warranty, though. That lift should take an experienced Jeep tech an hour, at most, to install. My guess is that they'll charge for 4 hours or something like that, basing it on a more complicated JK lift that requires brake line extensions, and such.

Has anyone gotten a quote from a dealer for installation of this kit? I've seen someone get a quote of $400 bucks ($1900) total. I'm guessing they'll want a pretty penny for the speedo flash, too. Especially while they have a corner on the market for it.

The reality is that my dealer's service department is very good, but they are expensive.

I wonder if the lift kit includes instructions?

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just a local shop that specializes in jeeps. They have a great reputation and I trust they will do a great job. I feel like the dealer "might" do a great job. Lol. I'm sure the dealer would charge significantly more.
what part of texas are you in? if in dfw send me their info please.
Sponsored

Reactions: Raj