Mopar LED Take-Offs- Highbeam and Halo Issue

GraniteJLU

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Has anyone who has installed LED take-offs resolved the high beam not working and halos not working issue? I also get a occasional flicker. Mine are currently installed on a Sahara with the 3-wire configuration going to the headlight. With there being this many issues I would assume there is special wiring harness that needs added.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the Sahara harness supported the LED headlamps with Halos and it was a plug and play but I also think it takes a dealer flash to get it all working correctly

OP
OP
GraniteJLU

GraniteJLU

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I thought the Sahara harness supported the LED headlamps with Halos and it was a plug and play but I also think it takes a dealer flash to get it all working correctly
Nope still have the same three issues with the Sahara. Here is my 3 wire harness. Havent contacted anyone about flash yet.

80FC50B5-0A32-4718-93FB-D51151502CF4.jpeg

crothrock2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
I have the same exact issues - Sahara with 3 wire harness. Also issues with hi and low when in hi. Halos not working either

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
I think what you will find is that takeoffs are not just plug-n-play.

The OEM lights use 4-wire harnesses. The extra wire most likely powers the Halo. Reference: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/18-jl-sport-and-mopar-led-upgrade.7284/page-4

The question then becomes how to get this resolved. I’m guessing: Purchase two new LED harnesses (one for each light), and solve how to wire them to the main box. It shouldn’t be that hard, but it will be a day job.

I don’t know how Jeep is going to solve this issue with the LED lights when they are available for purchase. I’m curious to see how they will power the ring without some external adapter that taps into some nearby power source.

My 2 cents.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly like the idea of having halo LEDS but I’m not going to jump thru hoops to get them to work correctly like splicing into existing harnesses so I’m guessing I will wait for someone like Diode Dynamics or similar to come up with a simple answer to use my existing harness and if not I will pass on halos and just get LED lamps

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

A8D95BC8-43C9-40EF-B11C-5918EAE83855.jpeg
I don’t know if this will help but here’s the wiring diagram

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Order the OEM wiring harness provided with jeeps equipped with factory LED headlights.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This wiring harness issue really makes me want to wait until Mopar releases their own kit before I splurge on some OEM LED headlights takeoffs.

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
I’m still waiting on this I’ve had my takeoffs for a while now and just haven’t been using high beams. I don’t think a dealer flash will have anything to do with it. They will most likely have a adapter/harness that has a capacitor to control flicker and turns on the halos with the headlights. I’d really like them to make the halos come on with the running lights but I don’t see how they could make them plug and play that way.

Jbaile29

First Name
Joahua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I’m still waiting on this I’ve had my takeoffs for a while now and just haven’t been using high beams. I don’t think a dealer flash will have anything to do with it. They will most likely have a adapter/harness that has a capacitor to control flicker and turns on the halos with the headlights. I’d really like them to make the halos come on with the running lights but I don’t see how they could make them plug and play that way.
I have done the same as you I purchased the Mopar led and had someone install I even had dealer flash most of the time it works but do you get occasional flicker of the light and it even go off?

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
I just talked to my local dealer and the harnesses are the same at the headlight assembly, they differ back against the firewall. The parts tech said that it is not something he would recommend doing. He did say Mopar sells a 6 pin pigtail harness that can be used if desired.

Are most people having issues of flickering with putting LED take offs on their halogen Jeeps?

Last edited:

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I just talked to my local dealer and the harnesses are the same at the headlight assembly, they differ back against the firewall. The parts tech said that it is not something he would recommend doing. He did say Mopar sells a 6 pin pigtail harness that can be used if desired.

Are most people having issues of flickering with putting LED take offs on their halogen Jeeps?
He might be misinformed. The Halogen JLs come with a 3 pinned harness at the light and the LEDs have a 4 pins. To my understanding there’s nothing Jeep has released that would allow halogen models to upgrade to the OEM LEDs yet.
Sponsored