Sponsored

Mopar LED Headlights vs Aftermarket (Oracle, Hella, etc.)

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
So I currently have the Mopar LED headlights in my Jeep, but I sold my front bumper (and LED fog lights) to someone this past weekend. Now he has halogen headlights and LED fog lights so he wants to buy the OEM headlights from me as well.

So I was wondering if there was any aftermarket head lights that would be considered an upgrade? I don't want to sell the OEM ones and end up with something worse and regret selling the them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I may be wrong, but I don’t think that there are many, if any, aftermarket LEDs that are meant to replace factory LEDs. They’ll plug up, but the resistance would be different and you may have to rescan to make the computer think you have halogens.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I may be wrong, but I don’t think that there are many, if any, aftermarket LEDs that are meant to replace factory LEDs. They’ll plug up, but the resistance would be different and you may have to rescan to make the computer think you have halogens.
The ORACLE Lighting Oculus Headlights replace the factory LED Lights with NO issue, NO codes, NO reprogramming. :like:

You are going to love the Oculus lights, these outperform the factory Mopar LED headlights in every measurable category!

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg

These also come in 3 different color choices now so even more of a selection to find exactly what you are looking for.

oculus_bezels.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Myopik

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
The ORACLE Lighting Oculus Headlights replace the factory LED Lights with NO issue, NO codes, NO reprogramming. :like:
If I already have the OEM LEDs do I still need to run the wire to the fuse box or do they just plug and play? Also, if I decide to go with the color shift version of the oculus which controller so you recommend?

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
The oems are the best led headlight on the market

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
If I already have the OEM LEDs do I still need to run the wire to the fuse box or do they just plug and play? Also, if I decide to go with the color shift version of the oculus which controller so you recommend?
You will need to tap one wire into the fuse box for the white DRL halo, but they are plug-and-play otherwise. This video shows this on a Jeep with OEM LED headlights, and it's a very simple install that most complete in under an hour.

For the ColorSHIFT, many people go with our BC1 controller for smartphone app control! It's a great option, and you can hook up multiple to have different "zones" on the outer halo, inner halo, and demon eye. The below video shows this install:

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I mean, if you want chameleon lizard eyeballs for headlamps.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

You are going to love the Oculus lights, these outperform the factory Mopar LED headlights in every measurable category!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LED Headlights vs Aftermarket (Oracle, Hella, etc.) oculus_bezels

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LED Headlights vs Aftermarket (Oracle, Hella, etc.) oculus_bezels

These also come in 3 different color choices now so even more of a selection to find exactly what you are looking for.

I've heard countless testimonies that OEM LED lights are THE BEST. However, they look subpar in this comparison picture. Quite frankly, it looks like a LED bulb in a halogen headlight. Could someone with OEM LED please shed some lights here? Does your cutoff look like the picture shown on the right? I am choosing between Oculus vs OEM, and this side-to-side comparison is exactly what I am looking for, but I am a little sceptical... not sure if the right side is from a JL OEM LED... or is Oculus just that much better?

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I've heard countless testimonies that OEM LED lights are THE BEST. However, they look subpar in this comparison picture. Quite frankly, it looks like a LED bulb in a halogen headlight. Could someone with OEM LED please shed some lights here? Does your cutoff look like the picture shown on the right? I am choosing between Oculus vs OEM, and this side-to-side comparison is exactly what I am looking for, but I am a little sceptical... not sure if the right side is from a JL OEM LED... or is Oculus just that much better?
How often do you need perfect cutoff beams on a wall 3 feet ahead of you? A lot of it has to do with Lens projection and light falloff. What’s the lux at 40 yards? 50? What’s the beam pattern look like out there? Do you want a precise laser footprint of light at that distance?

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
KC makes LED headlights for the JL but boy are they $$$!

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
JW Speaker at least seem to be well engineered. But also expensive.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the OEM LEDs and nor was the IIHS for that matter. Their test had them barely better than the halogens.

I ended up getting one with halogens and have some bulb replacements right now that work ok, but not super happy with them.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
How often do you need perfect cutoff beams on a wall 3 feet ahead of you? A lot of it has to do with Lens projection and light falloff. What’s the lux at 40 yards? 50? What’s the beam pattern look like out there? Do you want a precise laser footprint of light at that distance?
Thank you for your input, you are absolutely correct. Looking at a cutoff 3ft against a wall doesn't show the complete picture of how the light project and spread onto the actual road. But it definitely holds it value for a quick comparison. @ORACLElights, could you please confirm that the actual JL OEM LED was used in your comparison photo?

OP
OP
Myopik

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
Thank you for your input, you are absolutely correct. Looking at a cutoff 3ft against a wall doesn't show the complete picture of how the light project and spread onto the actual road. But it definitely holds it value for a quick comparison. @ORACLElights, could you please confirm that the actual JL OEM LED was used in your comparison photo?
They didnt actually do the test. It was a 3rd party from what I understand. I only see the same set of pictures posted though and would love to see a newer unbiased comparison.I wish I could do it myself, but no one local to me has the oracle oculus.

@ORACLElights if you want to mail me a set and let me do a comparison of the Oculus vs the OEM LEDs I'd happily mail them back afterwards on my own dime and post my results (with pictures) on the forums.
Sponsored