Sponsored

MOPAR LED headlights for those whose didn't come from factory

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
If you have purchased the MOPAR LED headlights from someone's take offs, does everything work as in the halos?

I know you dont have a halo switch to individually turn them off, but I wonder if they work together with the headlight or do you have to physically run a wire/switch to turn them off/on?

I was thinking about buying some off a dude, but wanted to check with the very few that might have already completed this task.
Sponsored

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize in advance for the poop you're about to receive.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase

That said, you may want to search the threads in the "lighting" threads.

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I already know my friend. Its a shame you can't ask a question (in a forum that's built for questions, lol).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's a shame that you can't search (in a forum that's built for searching, lol)
You must be a special kind of stupid. If you cant provide a sensible answer, then gtfo. Got it?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well the lighting subforum is pretty much half threads just like this, and the answer is no. They're fucked up.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Unfortunately you have to slog thru a lot of posts to realize there seems to be no plug and play solution for using the OEM lights (assuming you can even get them). I found a set of Quake lites on here I’m gong to try. The problem is getting the Halos to work correctly. I’ll post something when I figure it out.

Also, these Quake halls are actually 7” light buckets in a housing to fit the JL’s 9” hole. That seems to bother some people. I’ll decide if I like them after they’re in.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Unfortunately you have to slog thru a lot of posts to realize there seems to be no plug and play solution for using the OEM lights (assuming you can even get them). I found a set of Quake lites on here I’m gong to try. The problem is getting the Halos to work correctly. I’ll post something when I figure it out.

Also, these Quake halls are actually 7” light buckets in a housing to fit the JL’s 9” hole. That seems to bother some people. I’ll decide if I like them after they’re in.
I am gonna bite the bullet and buy them from www.allMoparparts.com. At checkout use 5off for 5% off. Also the tail lamps and fog. I already installed the LEDs turn signals when I installed the high top fender flares on the Sahara. Time to do the rest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a member who sells a harness to get the halos working but I can’t remember who. Good luck

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
If you have purchased the MOPAR LED headlights from someone's take offs, does everything work as in the halos?

I know you dont have a halo switch to individually turn them off, but I wonder if they work together with the headlight or do you have to physically run a wire/switch to turn them off/on?

I was thinking about buying some off a dude, but wanted to check with the very few that might have already completed this task.
You will have to run one additional wire to each headlight to feed the halos..

The MOPAR LED headlight kit (PN 82215136AD) includes the harness necessary to connect from the BCM to each headlight (getting to the BCM is a PITA but doable).. Some folks avoid that by connecting to an alternate power source but if you don't have the harness you will need to source "pins" compatible with the existing plugs at the headlights.

The kit is available for under $800 (BAM www.bamwholesaleparts.com) was selling them for $682 but now notes "contact us for availability"..

Also be aware the LED headlights won't work until your dealer flashes the BCM with sales code (LPX) or you adjust settings using a TazerJL or similar..

Installation Instructions link: https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215136AD.pdf

Good luck!

jperk2980

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I got the kit, installed everything per instructions, wired halos to BCM and updated lighting settings using the tazer and the halos still don't work. Driver side halo flickers and passenger side doesn't come on at all. I'm at a loss and wish I just went aftermarket. Not worth the headache. I am considering wiring halos to one of my mopar aux switches as a work around. I even went to the dealer for the flash first and they had no clue either.

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK