Sponsored

Mopar LED Headlights / DRLs/ Manual Transmission?

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I am still working with the dealer on getting my halo lights up and running.
They are being told by FCA that it may take up to 10 flashes for them to get the configuration to take, so I will bring it back in next week for updates.

FCA suggested that the DRLs were not supported with my manual transmission.

Quick ask - do you have the Mopar LEDs and a manual transmission? Are your halo lights working? Are your DRLs working?

Just looking for a quick existence proof!
Sponsored

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I was wondering if you were able to get this issue resolved with your dealership. I am looking at doing a full LED swap on my Sport S and am looking for some reassurance that it will work before I spend over a grand to buy all the parts. Thanks

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
I have an auto that came with LED lights. I wish to turn off the halo.

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
I believe you should be able to go into your setting and turn the halo's off.
I am able to go in to 7" sreen settings and turn off the DRL but that only turns off the DRL's in the fenders.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I am still working with the dealer on getting my halo lights up and running.
They are being told by FCA that it may take up to 10 flashes for them to get the configuration to take, so I will bring it back in next week for updates.

FCA suggested that the DRLs were not supported with my manual transmission.

Quick ask - do you have the Mopar LEDs and a manual transmission? Are your halo lights working? Are your DRLs working?

Just looking for a quick existence proof!
BS. I have 2dr 6sp with LED. I have halos as my DRL (turned off fender lights in settings).

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I was wondering if you were able to get this issue resolved with your dealership. I am looking at doing a full LED swap on my Sport S and am looking for some reassurance that it will work before I spend over a grand to buy all the parts. Thanks
It is still not resolved. I have two Star cases open on it. One for the halos, and one for the fenders. The jeep is functional. The headlights do work. The LEDs on the fenders only work because I can set them with the Tazer JL.

I am going to work this one until the dealer gets it fixed. I paid them for a working installation. I will hold them to that.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I am able to go in to 7" sreen settings and turn off the DRL but that only turns off the DRL's in the fenders.
I do not have that option on my 7" screen. I do not have that option on the 8.4" that I replaced it with either! This may be the issue that folks are seeing on the 2019's.. where I need to get the "district manger" to set the code.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

BS. I have 2dr 6sp with LED. I have halos as my DRL (turned off fender lights in settings).
Thank you for the reply. You have the "existence proof" that I was after. Not a lot of folks with manual transmissions apparently!

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
Manual and LED’s... everything works fine

Sponsored

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Did this ever get resolved?

I have a Rubicon with factory Halogen and bought factory LED Fogs and Turn signals. Took to one dealership - no change. Fogs flicker and the turn signals don't work. Says bulb is out.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Did this ever get resolved?

I have a Rubicon with factory Halogen and bought factory LED Fogs and Turn signals. Took to one dealership - no change. Fogs flicker and the turn signals don't work. Says bulb is out.
Everything works.

The LED headlight issues were caused by the headlights not being wired according to the instructions that came with the kit. FOUR trips to the dealership got this resolved.

For the LED fenders, I used the Tazer JL to program the computer to work with the lights. You can disconnect the Tazer after you have enabled the lights. Just follow the Tazer instructions to make sure the setting is set properly. I am unaware if Jeep ever provided Mopar with the code to enable the lights.

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi. Thx for the feedback. I added fogs and turns/DRLs. Took to closest dealer. Tried, no bueno. Called four other dealers. Never heard of this changing from halogen to led proposal. But they will charge me $179 to “try”
I guess I’m going the tazer route. I just want the leds to work. No other mod plans-which is why I didn’t just buy the tazer to begin with.

Ohio sucks when it comes to Jeep dealers- which is ridiculous since they are made HERE!. They are nice enough but don’t know #!&*
Let me know any other info if you have any
Thx

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Hi. Thx for the feedback. I added fogs and turns/DRLs. Took to closest dealer. Tried, no bueno. Called four other dealers. Never heard of this changing from halogen to led proposal. But they will charge me $179 to “try”
I guess I’m going the tazer route. I just want the leds to work. No other mod plans-which is why I didn’t just buy the tazer to begin with.

Ohio sucks when it comes to Jeep dealers- which is ridiculous since they are made HERE!. They are nice enough but don’t know #!&*
Let me know any other info if you have any
Thx
For the LED turn signals, I installed the Rubicon fenders that came with the LEDs in them. From a hardware standpoint, it was plug and play. No modifications. It was the software setting that was the issue. Tazer JL can handle that.

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. And again thx. I have all installed. Mine is Rubicon but halogen.
Sponsored