Sponsored

Mopar LED headlight installation manual (new??)

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
So I've been looking for OEM headlights for my Rubicon for a while now. Then today I came across moparonlineparts.com and found an installation manual on their website. It details how to change the sale code, how to tap the 4th wire fromBCM to molex connector in headlamp and etc. Manual is in attachment if anyone's interested.

I think I've looked through almost all the threads related to this topic, but haven't seen anybody mention this manual. Date on this manual is Apr 5, 2019, but maybe it's been there the whole time and I just didn't know. But more importantly, has anybody actually used this manual and does it work???
So do the Halos work as DRLs?

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
need help too. bought LED DRL's from another owner and wanting to install/replace my factory oem halogen DRL's...any suggestions?
The LED fender lights are plug & play, however, I do think you need programming or a Tazer to change the setting for led lights or you will get warning lights.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The LED fender lights are plug & play, however, I do think you need programming or a Tazer to change the setting for led lights or you will get warning lights.
Yes, you will need a Tazer or you will get warning lights and improper signals. I did this 4 months ago, the dealer had no clue how to make it work. Just saying......

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Yes, you will need a Tazer or you will get warning lights and improper signals. I did this 4 months ago, the dealer had no clue how to make it work. Just saying......
Just curious, I put the steel front bumper on my 18 Rubicon and have the LED headlights and fender lights ready to go, but the Mopar instructions are intimidating me. Point was, I have had no issues at all with flickering or warning lights running halogen headlights and fender lights with the LED fogs. Is it just the headlights and fender lights with the flickering issues?

Also, has anyone heard from @EgGreg lately? PM'd him Monday I think to see if I could get one of his harnesses, but haven't heard from him.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just curious, I put the steel front bumper on my 18 Rubicon and have the LED headlights and fender lights ready to go, but the Mopar instructions are intimidating me. Point was, I have had no issues at all with flickering or warning lights running halogen headlights and fender lights with the LED fogs. Is it just the headlights and fender lights with the flickering issues?

Also, has anyone heard from @EgGreg lately? PM'd him Monday I think to see if I could get one of his harnesses, but haven't heard from him.
Mopar LED fog lamps can/will flicker too. No other LED fog lamp assemblies or bulbs seem to have the issue.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Correct, they will flicker. Mine flickers slightly then turned into a full on light show until I got the tazer!

OP
OP

rayxu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Curious where you got your headlights?

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Curious where you got your headlights?
I got my LED headlights from Jegs(I was shocked to not have issues based on reviews, but they sent the factory kit with the MOPAR wiring harness).

I got the LED fogs from Mopar America.

I got the LED tail lights from Jeepsareus.

I also see there are Rubi High Top LED fender sets that are available for pre order that will ship in September, so that’s interesting.

I had to use the Tazer to get the LED headlight HALOs working.

When I got the fogs, they have a DealerConnect code, just like the headlights did. But my dealer had problems apparently and didn’t get it entered.