Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
The vehicle supplies different power settings to the headlights depending on if you have them set to halogen or LED. I'd strongly recommend you get the vehicle flashed (either dealer or aftermarket programmer) to set the proper setting. You may be unintentionally damaging your lights by not supplying the power they need.
The dealer can't flash it. That was the start of my problems. There is no code for the flash for 2021 JL, at least so far. FCA has not been able to help. My understanding from Headlight Haven is that their harness omits the need for a flash or a Tazer. But, I appreciate the insight and I will definitely follow up.
Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer can't flash it. That was the start of my problems. There is no code for the flash for 2021 JL, at least so far. FCA has not been able to help. My understanding from Headlight Haven is that their harness omits the need for a flash or a Tazer. But, I appreciate the insight and I will definitely follow up.
Everything is working great with the new harness and LED's. Talked with Jeff at HH and there are no power issues to be concerned about. It turns out that the brights do not work when the ignition is off. That's how it comes from the factory. But, I can flash the brights with the ignition off.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Whats the difference between the AD MOPAR LED shown by the OP and the AE, currently listed in the MOPAR site https://www.moparonlineparts.com/part-ymm/2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-headlamp.html

They sound like they are plug and play with the harness, are they
In all Mopar parts, there’s an 8 digit code followed by two letters. The letters are the revision of that part. They start at AA, then make AB, AC and so on. So the AE part you mentioned is the newer revision of the AD part, but both will fit just fine.

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Thanks danm i didn't know about the letter revisions. i had purchased some LED headlights that were supposedly plug and play but they had the hyperflash. i returned them and was looking at the MOPAR LED headlights as a switch on my 2019 Sport S. Was hoping i didn't have to fiddle with hooking wires up into harnesses.

Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Mopar LEDs installed, had the dealer take care of it and no issues. When I tried myself I had a bunch of issues.

E633F68B-BBE1-456C-89BD-AC5296798AB0.jpeg

58C7D4B1-C8E5-46A6-8785-61FD20E9792E.jpeg

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Mopar LEDs installed, had the dealer take care of it and no issues. When I tried myself I had a bunch of issues.

E633F68B-BBE1-456C-89BD-AC5296798AB0.jpeg

58C7D4B1-C8E5-46A6-8785-61FD20E9792E.jpeg
Thanks, maybe i'll just keep the stock and save myself more $$ and headaches. did the kit come with a connector harness or wires to connect to the connectors? Hate to pay almost $800 bucks and then pay the dealer more to make them work....lol

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Thanks, maybe i'll just keep the stock and save myself more $$ and headaches. did the kit come with a connector harness or wires to connect to the connectors? Hate to pay almost $800 bucks and then pay the dealer more to make them work....lol
Yea the kit came with everything needed. If the dealer installs it will be rolled under your factory warranty too, with the extra piece of mind and no headaches with a self install that still required dealer flash to be right. I tried other brands BTW, you’ll find my post here, not a good experience.

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Yea the kit came with everything needed. If the dealer installs it will be rolled under your factory warranty too, with the extra piece of mind and no headaches with a self install that still required dealer flash to be right. I tried other brands BTW, you’ll find my post here, not a good experience.
about how much did it run you to have the stealer install them. i've put some in and taken them out and put stock back in......getting pretty good at it. 30 minutes tops....lol

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
about how much did it run you to have the stealer install them. i've put some in and taken them out and put stock back in......getting pretty good at it. 30 minutes tops....lol
You're going to need BCM coding done (dealer or Tazer etc) even with the Mopar kit or you'll get the same results you got before.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Save yourself some time and money. Install the Oracle Oculus. Easy install and great lighting. No dealer flash or programmer needed.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oculus-bi-led

also - they offer discount code to forum members.
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT 629A7EA2-9B6B-48CD-AF58-C5993246D2B7

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Thanks danm i didn't know about the letter revisions. i had purchased some LED headlights that were supposedly plug and play but they had the hyperflash. i returned them and was looking at the MOPAR LED headlights as a switch on my 2019 Sport S. Was hoping i didn't have to fiddle with hooking wires up into harnesses.
For my ‘18 JLU Shara, first I upgraded my fenders to the paintable high top fender flares with LED from Mopar installed at the dealership. Hyper flash. Took it back, hyper flash. Bought the TazerJL mini. Fixed. Purchase from Mopar, LED headlights, LED, fog lights, LED tail lights. Installed at the dealership. The dash shows the front turn signals are out & the dash flashes fast, but the front and rear turn signals flash correctly. Reinstalled the TazerJL mini, that did not fix the issue. Apparently the 2018 harness is different when you do not have LED from the factory. I am guessing I will need to put a resistor on the turn signals. From 2019 going forward, Mopar put the same harness in all Jeeps so there is no issue except for the ‘18’s.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
For my ‘18 JLU Shara, first I upgraded my fenders to the paintable high top fender flares with LED from Mopar installed at the dealership. Hyper flash. Took it back, hyper flash. Bought the TazerJL mini. Fixed. Purchase from Mopar, LED headlights, LED, fog lights, LED tail lights. Installed at the dealership. The dash shows the front turn signals are out & the dash flashes fast, but the front and rear turn signals flash correctly. Reinstalled the TazerJL mini, that did not fix the issue. Apparently the 2018 harness is different when you do not have LED from the factory. I am guessing I will need to put a resistor on the turn signals. From 2019 going forward, Mopar put the same harness in all Jeeps so there is no issue except for the ‘18’s.
Go onto the Tazer website and follow the new directions in reference to cycling the vehicle 3 times I think it is. I had the same problem but after following the new directions it fixed my problem. Good luck!!
Sponsored