MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

shilieda

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I'm happy to hear that and I agree 100%. There is almost zero need for the harness. I ordered because wanted everything to be OEM as well, but in the had to improvise and thus making your own harness would've been better. Oh well. Would be good for someone to take all the info and make an updated thread for future readers lol.
Do you have to run the harness/jump wire to both lights or just the passenger
Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Can someone please validate the following three questions:

1. Can the OEM LED Headlamp replace the OEM Halogen Headlamp by simply connecting the existing plug? <Yes/No>

2. The above is "plug and play", halos will not work, low and high beams will work immediately without the need for a flash or Taser? <Yes/No>

3. Making the halos operational requires two things: a. Wiring harness Part# 68347117AB, and b. a dealer flash or taser? <Yes/No>

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
1. Can the OEM LED Headlamp replace the OEM Halogen Headlamp by simply connecting the existing plug? <Yes/No>

Yes, the plugs are identical, though you may be missing a wire in the jeep's harness that supplies power to the halos.

2. The above is "plug and play", halos will not work, low and high beams will work immediately without the need for a flash or Taser? <Yes/No>

Halos will need the wire mentioned abave, as well as a flash to the jeep computer to enable the halos. The headlights themselves may also not work quite right since they require different power requirements from the jeep so you also need a flash to properly get them to work too.

3. Making the halos operational requires two things: a. Wiring harness Part# 68347117AB, and b. a dealer flash or taser? <Yes/No>

Maybe. Some jeeps do come with the extra wire in the jeep harness, you need to check yours for the spare wire. I believe this is the same for both the JL/JT. If you don't have the spare wire, you need the harness. And yes, you need a dealer flash for the halos.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, the plugs are identical, though you may be missing a wire in the jeep's harness that supplies power to the halos.

Halos will need the wire mentioned abave, as well as a flash to the jeep computer to enable the halos. The headlights themselves may also not work quite right since they require different power requirements from the jeep so you also need a flash to properly get them to work too.

Maybe. Some jeeps do come with the extra wire in the jeep harness, you need to check yours for the spare wire. I believe this is the same for both the JL/JT. If you don't have the spare wire, you need the harness. And yes, you need a dealer flash for the halos.
Haven't been able to get the LED's to work in my 2021 Willys because the dealer has no code for the flash. Can flash 2020 and before

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Haven't been able to get the LED's to work in my 2021 Willys because the dealer has no code for the flash. Can flash 2020 and before
To be clear, you’re saying that the LED headlamps don’t work at all? Not just the halos, the high and low beams?

Sponsored

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Need your help here. About a month ago I replaced the stock turn signal lights with OEM LED turn signal lights. Immediately I started getting an error message ”Turn Signal Lights Out” in a few seconds after I turned on the car, and then would turn off. After searching this thread for a bit I found the possible solution, the Tazer Mini JL. I bought one and installed it today. It “fixed” that problem, in that it does not come on after a few seconds anymore. Now it comes on EVERY time I use the turn signals, and not just once, constantly every 3 seconds! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear, you’re saying that the LED headlamps don’t work at all? Not just the halos, the high and low beams?
My understanding from the dealer was the LED's worked but the halos did not. But, I'm not sure about the dealer because I don't know how the headlights work if you cannot put the proper code into their computer to flash my jeep

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
My understanding from the dealer was the LED's worked but the halos did not. But, I'm not sure about the dealer because I don't know how the headlights work if you cannot put the proper code into their computer to flash my jeep
. Got em installed, no flash, low and high beams work perfectly, halos will be wired in the winter or spring.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
. Got em installed, no flash, low and high beams work perfectly, halos will be wired in the winter or spring.
Glad to hear it worked out for you -- are you 2021?

Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hey guys a little input would help. I just installed my mopar leds. I have a 2020 which already has the wiring for the halos (which I found out after running the provided harness fml lol). My lights work, halos do not, but when I turn my high beams on, my passenger high beam does not work. I have yet to do the dealer flash.

Can anyone confirm if this happened to theirs as well before the flash? I am wondering if I accidentally popped out a high beam wire or a pin isn't in properly on the C1 A plug.

Any feedback would help!

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Passenger side LED low beam keeps turning off. Restarting the Jeep is the only way to get it back on. Anyone else having this issue?

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Passenger side LED low beam keeps turning off. Restarting the Jeep is the only way to get it back on. Anyone else having this issue?
Did you get the vehicle flashed and set to LED? If you don't do this the jeep will still send the electrical settings of the halogen to the LED unit which causes them not to work right. I've said this multiple times now.

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Did you get the vehicle flashed and set to LED? If you don't do this the jeep will still send the electrical settings of the halogen to the LED unit which causes them not to work right. I've said this multiple times now.
Thanks, I’ve been trying to comb through these posts but it’s hard considering the number of them. I figured a flash was the reasoning, It has not been flashed yet, I wasn’t planning on a flash until I have the halo harness installed.
Sponsored