Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I have this EXACT problem right now. Can you tell me what you did to fix it ?

I've checked the wiring and I've turn halos on and off countless times. Still same problem. They sort of "flicker" when you press the unlock button .
Just FYI.

Basically when I click the "open lock" button on the keyfob, the headlights come on as expected, but the driver side halo is OFF and the passenger one sort of "Flickers".

If I start the car, the drivers side Halo is ON and the passenger one is completely off.

I've turned / cycled / rebooted my Tazer Mini countless times to try to get this to work. I'm using the Mopar "Wiring-Jumper Part #68347117AB" as well as OEM LED Lights hooked in the BCM. I checked the wiring as well as the pins.

If I swap the pins, it does exactly the same thing but swapped, so I don't think it's a wiring issue.

I get the impression that the Tazer doesn't fix this, (and why did I drop $480+ CDN on it if it doesn't!)

This is a Late 2019 Sport.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT 1596691519095

1596691517686.png
Sponsored

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
I have this EXACT problem right now. Can you tell me what you did to fix it ?

I've checked the wiring and I've turn halos on and off countless times. Still same problem. They sort of "flicker" when you press the unlock button .
I ended up connecting both wires to the side that works. It works fine and I've been running it this way for months. No error codes or lights at all. Lights all function as they should.

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I ended up connecting both wires to the side that works. It works fine and I've been running it this way for months. No error codes or lights at all. Lights all function as they should.
Thanks for this. I just did the same and it "fixed" it.

On that note - Paying $140 for a harness that doesn't work and having to splice wires is insane. I could've made that harness for literally $10.. The only reason I bought it was because it was "MOPAR" and "OEM". but it doesn't even work.

I took to dealer to try them having to code it, but it also didn't work. Your fix resolved it, for now..

Incase anyone is wondering... snipped off the connector for pin 7 and tapped pin 5 connector. I saved the end piece in case someone fixes this in the BCM in the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT 1596739096623

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. I just did the same and it "fixed" it.

On that note - Paying $140 for a harness that doesn't work and having to splice wires is insane. I could've made that harness for literally $10.. The only reason I bought it was because it was "MOPAR" and "OEM". but it doesn't even work.

I took to dealer to try them having to code it, but it also didn't work. Your fix resolved it, for now..

Incase anyone is wondering... snipped off the connector for pin 7 and tapped pin 5 connector. I saved the end piece in case someone fixes this in the BCM in the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT 1596739096623
I'm happy to hear that and I agree 100%. There is almost zero need for the harness. I ordered because wanted everything to be OEM as well, but in the had to improvise and thus making your own harness would've been better. Oh well. Would be good for someone to take all the info and make an updated thread for future readers lol.

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm happy to hear that and I agree 100%. There is almost zero need for the harness. I ordered because wanted everything to be OEM as well, but in the had to improvise and thus making your own harness would've been better. Oh well. Would be good for someone to take all the info and make an updated thread for future readers lol.
For sure. This thread is so long, I didn't even know what half of it was talking about. some parts aren't even in relation - like SALES CODE and all of this? Such a rabbit hole.

Your YouTube video was actually the reason I bought the harness - but in the video you didn't say you spliced the wires, which is why i bought it. You just said you checked your wiring and reset with Tazer a few times.. oh well. too late now it's all spliced and installed! lol..

Your video was great though. I managed to get my stuff through the firewall so I didn't have to extend anything.

Reactions: Ajk

Sponsored

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For sure. This thread is so long, I didn't even know what half of it was talking about. some parts aren't even in relation - like SALES CODE and all of this? Such a rabbit hole.

Your YouTube video was actually the reason I bought the harness - but in the video you didn't say you spliced the wires, which is why i bought it. You just said you checked your wiring and reset with Tazer a few times.. oh well. too late now it's all spliced and installed! lol..

Your video was great though. I managed to get my stuff through the firewall so I didn't have to extend anything.
Yes in the video both were on, then the next day is when it was off again. So later on I just gave up trying to make the harness work, as it would work sometimes and sometimes be off. I just plugged both in the one that never failed, in my case was the driver side but that's just cuz of where it was plugged in. I didn't amend the video (YouTube doesn't make this easier where I could add a simple pop up) because several people that used the harness reported no issues, so I chalked it up to perhaps me doing something wrong lol. There are a few other threads and I think in this one people claim that the harness works perfectly once coded which was not the case for me or you.

jburke26

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Has anyone done an OEM LED headlight replacement on a 2020 JLU yet? I search around and I couldn't find any information on the 2020, but it appears that mine has the BCM wire already ran to each of the headlight connectors. I have a brown/blue wire in pin 5 on each of the headlight plugs.

Can anyone confirm the additional wiring is not needed on the 2020? I can provide pics of mine if needed.

FWA05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on my Rubicon
Has anyone done an OEM LED headlight replacement on a 2020 JLU yet? I search around and I couldn't find any information on the 2020, but it appears that mine has the BCM wire already ran to each of the headlight connectors. I have a brown/blue wire in pin 5 on each of the headlight plugs.

Can anyone confirm the additional wiring is not needed on the 2020? I can provide pics of mine if needed.

I am in the same boat. My LED lights just hit my yard and dont know how extensive this is going to be. hopefully we can get an answer

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same boat. My LED lights just hit my yard and dont know how extensive this is going to be. hopefully we can get an answer
It should be easier than those of us with 18-20 JLS. We had to run an extra wire, plus code them, to make it work. Sounds like the newer 20 JLS already have the proper wire in place, so now just need the light and the coding which is a walk in the park.

Sponsored

jburke26

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can confirm that my 2020 JLUR did not require running the extra wire to the BCM module. Mine was exactly plug and play then had to use my tazer to enable the halos and set the Headlights to LED. AWESOME!!

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I can confirm that my 2020 JLUR did not require running the extra wire to the BCM module. Mine was exactly plug and play then had to use my tazer to enable the halos and set the Headlights to LED. AWESOME!!
Lucky! My tazer didn't work with it. Probably a 2019 thing..

jburke26

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky! My tazer didn't work with it. Probably a 2019 thing..
Have you updated your firmware recently? I read somewhere there was an issue on an older firmware that didn't fix activiate the DRLs properly.

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Have you updated your firmware recently? I read somewhere there was an issue on an older firmware that didn't fix activiate the DRLs properly.
yup. I only got the tazer 4 days ago. I updated. Still didn't work.

I actually have a lot of "issues" with my Tazer, that I was going to post about..

BuzzWeasel

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
  • Sorry in advance for the long post!
  • So, my saga of changing from OEM halogen to OEM LED headlights was blissfully short, unlike this post. I spent a few hours looking at prices for the lights online and called half a dozen dealers in the Northern VA area. Most were clueless, and some were downright incompetent or worse. One dealer quoted me $1,800 because of having to run the extra wire. When I advised them that my Jeep already had the four wire connector, they couldn’t have cared less.
  • I found the prices at dealers, and places online that have the Mopar kit 82215136AE in stock, are all around $900-975. The common thread was that almost no one had the LED kit in stock.
  • In the Northen VA area, only Fair Oaks Jeep - in Chantilly, and Safford Jeep - in Fredericksburg, knew what they were talking about. Moreover, Fair Oaks was helpful and able to tell me that Safford (an hour away) had the part in stock and when I called them they not only answered their phone (more uncommon than you would think) but were able to schedule me the same day. Kudos to Fair Oaks and Safford Jeep!
  • I literally had the lights installed and was home in 3 hours round trip, including an hours drive on each end. Better yet, they charged me $1,099 out the door! It’s sad that I’m happy to get these LEDs installed for just over a grand.
  • In summary, the LEDs are so much better than the halogens, Jeep should just make them standard and up-charge for them. I doubt we would even notice the increase.
  • If your Jeep is a 2020, check the back of the wiring harness of your lights, if you have four wires it should be plug and play with the Mopar 82215136AE kit, then the dealer just does an update to the computer. Less than an hours worth of work, so don’t let them screw you.
  • Shop around until you find a dealer that works for the customer. I couldn’t believe how bad some in my area are! On the plus side, now I know who to go to for service.
Sponsored