Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

Deleted member 52323

Hey all, I just bought my first Jeep and attempted my first modification with the Mopar LED headlights. I could use help from those of you that wired your LED lights to your BCM.

For the wire that goes to the headlights, where do I insert the wire into the headlight connector? It shows at PIN 5 but it appears I already have a red wire in that cavity. Attached is an image of the instructions on where to insert the wire. I have 2 other cavity's that don't have a wire connecting to them but have small white pieces attached that don't appear to come out.

My other question is related to the terminals on the ends of the wires. I broke the terminal on the ends of the wires that go into the BCM while struggling to get it through the grommet on the passenger side. Does anyone know where I can buy new terminals from? Is there a specific kind of terminal needed for these wires?

Thanks in advance in helping me get my halos working! :)

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT IMG_1795

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT IMG_1777
Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I think I understand all this but let me ask anyway. I have a 20 JLUS with the OEM LED headlights and LED tail light. Would like to add the Rubicon LED fenders. Seems as i have read and putting all this together this should be an easy thing to do to get the LED fender DRL to work with my Halos?

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I think I understand all this but let me ask anyway. I have a 20 JLUS with the OEM LED headlights and LED tail light. Would like to add the Rubicon LED fenders. Seems as i have read and putting all this together this should be an easy thing to do to get the LED fender DRL to work with my Halos?
They are plug and play. You will like the hightop fender flares. I got the paintable version. With the code they should work without issue. Then again it is Mopar.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Hey all, I just bought my first Jeep and attempted my first modification with the Mopar LED headlights. I could use help from those of you that wired your LED lights to your BCM.

For the wire that goes to the headlights, where do I insert the wire into the headlight connector? It shows at PIN 5 but it appears I already have a red wire in that cavity. Attached is an image of the instructions on where to insert the wire. I have 2 other cavity's that don't have a wire connecting to them but have small white pieces attached that don't appear to come out.

My other question is related to the terminals on the ends of the wires. I broke the terminal on the ends of the wires that go into the BCM while struggling to get it through the grommet on the passenger side. Does anyone know where I can buy new terminals from? Is there a specific kind of terminal needed for these wires?

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg
Man that just sucks.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0

I think i recall some other 2020 MY owner saying their Jeeps were already wired so they just just needed the programming to activate the Halo. May be the case for you?

Sponsored

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
got them working! however i noticed the passenger light came with some minor damage, waiting to see if bam wholesale will replace it. other than that good to go!

What’s up man
Are Those DRL LED lights OEM?

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 52323

I think i recall some other 2020 MY owner saying their Jeeps were already wired so they just just needed the programming to activate the Halo. May be the case for you?
So that's an interesting thought I didn't consider and could be the case because my taillights came with LED lights. Totally did not think of that before so appreciate the thought. Within the C1-A connector to the BCM, there are plenty of the cavity or pin ports available. I just assumed I needed to wire the lights because my sales rep said if I wanted to add LEDs, I would need to come back to have them wired. At the time I thought, how hard could that really be? haha

I found a website techauthority.com to order the Wiring Repair Manual for Jeeps so I am going to start there to see if I can find out where to put the wire.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
So that's an interesting thought I didn't consider and could be the case because my taillights came with LED lights. Totally did not think of that before so appreciate the thought. Within the C1-A connector to the BCM, there are plenty of the cavity or pin ports available. I just assumed I needed to wire the lights because my sales rep said if I wanted to add LEDs, I would need to come back to have them wired. At the time I thought, how hard could that really be? haha

I found a website techauthority.com to order the Wiring Repair Manual for Jeeps so I am going to start there to see if I can find out where to put the wire.

If there already is a wired pin in that location (cavity 5 at the headlight) you don’t need the halo harness; otherwise you'd see a white plastic pin there.. And at the BCM end, I suspect you'll find connector C1 already has wired pins occupying cavities 5 & 7.

There’s a fair amount of misinformation/confusion out there but after a lot of searching it appears that any JL optioned with LED tail lights was built with a full LED wiring harness.. (which includes conductors for the halos and different circuitry between the BCM & DRLs..

Lucky you! That means not only is the halo harness unnecessary but also front OEM LED turns/DRLs are plug and play (a dealer flash may be necessary but you won't need a Tazer)

If you check the Electronics, Electrical, Uconnect, Nav, A/V, CB, Cameras tech forum there’s a sticky thread with a link to download complete wiring diagrams..

Good Luck!!

Sponsored

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I'm honestly surprised more people aren't just wiring the halos directly to the fuse box or to an aux switch. I already have after market fog lights with halos which I wired to an aux switch and am considering just adding the headlight halos to the same switch. I have a flash cal which I already used for LED turn signal settings to avoid flicker so I'm not worried about that with the headlights either.

Wiring them up the "correct" way to the BCM and having a dealer flash it is more money, and means the halos are on every time there's power to Jeep. Sometimes I want the Jeep on but all lights off (obviously for steak outs and stalking people).
Yeah it all worked out great for me...installed the headlights in about 30 minutes. The drl leds on the fender was a little tougher but still turned out perfect. TaZer was needed as well.
So i just purchased a pair of the LED headlights but no wiring harness. I have a sport S... I was curious myself to see if there was a way to wire the halos to the aux switches (that i have) and just keep them on that way? Do i still need the mopar wiring harness for that or is there a way to wire that as well with different wiring?

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
So just an update on my swap, I changed the DRL's on Friday. Took the JEEP into service on Monday for some warranty work as well as a BCM Flash.

The Service Writer had no idea what was going on, and how it could even possibly be done, so I explained to him what needed to be done. A few hours later he called saying the BCM wasn't speaking at all with their system, so they are replacing it.

I have a really hard time leaving my JEEP with them, I feel like they just throw parts at things hoping it fixes the issue.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
So just an update on my swap, I changed the DRL's on Friday. Took the JEEP into service on Monday for some warranty work as well as a BCM Flash.

The Service Writer had no idea what was going on, and how it could even possibly be done, so I explained to him what needed to be done. A few hours later he called saying the BCM wasn't speaking at all with their system, so they are replacing it.

I have a really hard time leaving my JEEP with them, I feel like they just throw parts at things hoping it fixes the issue.
Apologies if I'm off target but if your Sahara didn't come with (at least) LED tail lights there's no flash that will make the DRLs/turn signals work (not hyper-flash and/or throw errors). I spent a ton of time (unsuccessfully) wrestling with my dealer and with various Jeep reps in an effort to identify the correct code; there isn't one...

The root issue is the circuitry between the BCM and DRLs in non-Premium Lighting vehicles is different than in full LED vehicles..

Fortunately you can get around that by "fooling" the BCM with a Tazer (or similar)

As to why your dealer can't figure out how to communicate with the BCM, at first my couldn't either.. to their credit they put their lead vehicle electronics tech on it and he figured it out in about 10 minutes.. he shared that the procedure for flashing the BCM is extremely order-of-operations sensitive and the slightest deviation will produce errors or a "silent" BCM..

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
@humrk311 fortunately mine was offered with the LED tails, we shall see. Probably gonna go tazer route tbh
Sponsored