Mopar LCA swap

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where is the best place these days to order the longer Mopar LCA and get them quickly? I've read a lot of the older threads but couldn't find some of the suppliers that were mentioned.
Allmoparparts.com

they are a VS of this forum. They have a. VS thread and you can PRIVATE MESSAGE Benny, the site rep, and request a discount shipping code. I think one of their shipping centers is in the DFW area.

You should also look through the marketplace section for a set. Many that installed the mopar +2 kit added adjustal LCAs to further enhance the caster.
Sponsored

FlashGordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Billet Silver, 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the best place these days to order the longer Mopar LCA and get them quickly? I've read a lot of the older threads but couldn't find some of the suppliers that were mentioned.
allmoparparts.com last I heard

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have some concerns about when/how to tighten the LCA bolts/nuts:
If you tighten at fully extended position - the silent blocks will be at the stress in normal driving position and even higher stress at fully compressed position.
It looks that the best way to tighten is when car is at normal driving position (when resting on its suspension). This way it has to flex only half way (+-) during compression/decompression arm travel and should last longer due to lesser stress.

How did you tighten yours?
I used the factory tightening procedure while Fully on the ground.

I don’t recall the torque figure you go to or the degrees the nut is rotated after reaching that torque figure but I chose this method. My 150lb-ft torque wrench would not go high enough so that’s also why I chose the factory tightening procedure. Just use a marker to mark the nut and mark the frame however many degrees after, then hit it with an impact a little at a time to creep up on making the lines match up. No bushing binding.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Allmoparparts.com
they are a VS of this forum
forum versus what?

I think one of their shipping centers is in the DFW area.
I read somewhere about mopar parts in Dallas. I did extensive searching on google maps and could not find them so I thought maybe they weren't around anymore, since I had been reading old threads.

Well anyway I'll try to find them again.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I used the factory tightening procedure while Fully on the ground.

I don’t recall the torque figure you go to or the degrees the nut is rotated after reaching that torque figure but I chose this method. My 150lb-ft torque wrench would not go high enough so that’s also why I chose the factory tightening procedure. Just use a marker to mark the nut and mark the frame however many degrees after, then hit it with an impact a little at a time to creep up on making the lines match up. No bushing binding.
Yeah, I just maxed my 150 ft lb torque wrench than went another 45 degrees w/ my 2ft breaker bar, probably a bit over 190 ft lbs but close enough :)

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I got the Mopar longer arms. I just couldn't get the right angle on things to break the nut loose. I went by my local shop after work and talked to a mechanic that does the work I don't have the patience for. Played on my phone for a bit and $50 later they were on. I have to get it on the freeway to see how it tracks at speed in the next couple of days.

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Love this thread - very helpful! I have two questions that I don't think were answered already:

1 - do you need to get a wheel alignment after installing the longer LCA's? I just had a RC 2.5" lift installed recently and paid for an alignment afterwards. Would anything other than castor change?

2 - I'm in Canada and am looking for the best place to buy the Mopar LCA - is a dealer my only option that won't kill me on duty/taxes/shipping?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love this thread - very helpful! I have two questions that I don't think were answered already:

1 - do you need to get a wheel alignment after installing the longer LCA's? I just had a RC 2.5" lift installed recently and paid for an alignment afterwards. Would anything other than castor change?

2 - I'm in Canada and am looking for the best place to buy the Mopar LCA - is a dealer my only option that won't kill me on duty/taxes/shipping?

Thanks in advance!
Most alignment settings are not adjustable so no need to pay someone to do it. The caster is set by the length(s) of the control arms. Actually if you buy a lift kit containing adjustable control arms then you could adjust the caster but with the mopar LCA you are stuck with what you get. Camber is built into the front axle, can't be changed. Toe-in is not really changed by the lift itself but is the only setting that is easily changed. Whoever does the install for you can easily do the adjustment to center the steering wheel.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks in advance!
Your toe setting won't change with just a control arm install.