Sponsored

Mopar Katzkin ordering is a nightmare. Just skip it!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler unlimited
I’ve tried 2 different dealers, dealer #1 wanted $1825 for the leather which is advertised as including installation however they wouldn’t honor the installation part and said it would be an additional 10 hours of labor @ $125/hr for a total of $3025! Dealer #2 also $1825 and said it included labor but there’s not enough profit since it would take 8 hours labor to install so they refuse to sell it. I contacted Jeep/FCA who said dealerships are independently owned and they have no control. I contacted Katzkin directly who apologized and said that it does include installation and suggested I contact my local Katzkin dealer. Here’s the great part, contacted my local Katzkin dealer and they charged me $1300 installed ! I’ll post pics after the install next week. Moral of the story just skip Mopar and your local Jeep dealer and get it from your local Katzkin dealer.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
And, your local katzkin recommended dealer will do a quality job vs the butcher dealer jobs that have been posted.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Katzkin installers seem the way to go, just wish there was a way to get the OEM logo without going through the dealership

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I cant tell you how many of these stories i hear. PLEASE you newbs do yourselves the favor and get it from the factory or make peace with the cloth. Unless you have used a really good shop before ir personally know the person installing or have a high budget. No one should be in that big of a hurry to buy a jeep that you pick something thats lacking the specs (like leather) that you want.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I cant tell you how many of these stories i hear. PLEASE you newbs do yourselves the favor and get it from the factory or make peace with the cloth. Unless you have used a really good shop before ir personally know the person installing or have a high budget. No one should be in that big of a hurry to buy a jeep that you pick something thats lacking the specs (like leather) that you want.
Most that install Katzkin do it to customize the leather something you can’t order from the factory. I have seen a lot more great installs than bad installs. On those bad installs Katzkin and the installer has jumped in and made them right. I would use an independent installer, typically they specialize in upholstery - unless a dealership does a high volume they won’t have the right expertise in service.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just to offer some clarity on this post. First, as the OP stated Jeep dealer are free to set their prices above the published MSRP. In this case the pricing was unrealistic based upon market pricing. Through the Mopar program each dealer has the option to sell the leather kit with professional installation by a Katzkin installer or without installation included. In over 85% of the sales the Mopar program, the Jeep is purchasing the part with installation by the Katzkin installer included. In the other 15% of the case the dealer is using their own shop, have an arrangement with another installer that they feel is more beneficial, or selling over the counter to occasional DIY person.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Very nice. Looks great!

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I initially didn’t want leather because it wasn’t ventilated. After my other jeeps having leather, sitting on it for 10+ hours on a hot trail sucks. So cloth it was. I had no issues until this week when I started wearing jeans again. Now I get hit with a defibrillator like shock every time I get out. I read a while back that katzkin was trying to develope a ventilated seat setup for the JL. Once they do, I’m all over it.

Sponsored

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I initially didn’t want leather because it wasn’t ventilated. After my other jeeps having leather, sitting on it for 10+ hours on a hot trail sucks. So cloth it was. I had no issues until this week when I started wearing jeans again. Now I get hit with a defibrillator like shock every time I get out. I read a while back that katzkin was trying to develope a ventilated seat setup for the JL. Once they do, I’m all over it.
Coming very very soon!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I would suggest LeatherSeats.com for next time.
Sponsored