First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Still waiting on real half doors. Tubes and fabric just doesn't do it for me.
Same.

I'm also thinking to revisit the wheels with a set of Mopar Gear or slotted wheels in satin carbon. I spend a lot of time on the road, so maybe a commuting set?

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
That windshade looks intersesting..is that a current offering?

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Same.

I'm also thinking to revisit the wheels with a set of Mopar Gear or slotted wheels in satin carbon. I spend a lot of time on the road, so maybe a commuting set?
I was pondering the same thing on the two sets wheels. It would be nice to have a light setup with some AT's for daily driving and I'm jonesing for some Machete Crawl beadlocks for the trails. Might not make sense for me though since I have to drive like 800-1500 miles to do anything that would require running BL's.

Sponsored

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
I like the look of the Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Being in Australia with all our rules, 2 inch is the max lift. I called FCA locally and they said the lift kit was for LHD only. Can anyone confirm that the kit will not work on a RHD JL? Anyone views on improvements gained by using the Mopar kit?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was pondering the same thing on the two sets wheels. It would be nice to have a light setup with some AT's for daily driving and I'm jonesing for some Machete Crawl beadlocks for the trails. Might not make sense for me though since I have to drive like 800-1500 miles to do anything that would require running BL's.
Trailer them! :like:

I've been contemplating selling the Subaru and just running the Jeep. If so, a dedicated set for commuting would be more fuel efficient and save my MT's tread for the trails. Even if you have to drive 1500 miles once in a while, you would be more comfortable on the daily drive?

:movember:

I still haven't decided if it would be worth it over just buying new tires more often.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Still waiting on real half doors. Tubes and fabric just doesn't do it for me.
Absolutely and that was the only part I was looking forward in SEMA 2019. For one, tube doors don't have uppers. Also the tube doors look crap with the gaps.

They're tubes because they're easy to manufacture by bending a few tubes. It's ok if the aftermarket does it as a budget option but if Jeep wanted to do this right they'd do skeleton half doors that fit flush like regular doors. Then they can have the option to add some sheets to make it a half door. Then they can plug in a proper half upper. Done. The Bronco would be dead before it hit the showrooms.

Mopar showed us half doors all along at launch and even in the Easter Jeep Safari:

But they lied. Please correct me Jeep. I'm very disappointed.

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
The "big brake kit" is the same as the "towing package" brakes right? It says on my window sticker it's an upgraded braking system since it came with the towing package.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I’m pretty sure the big brake kit is what comes standard on the Sahara and Rubicon...

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Yeah, I just went and looked up the specs, so I wonder why they are selling this as a brake upgrade package. Unless it is targeted only at the Sports.

I really wish they’d release the half doors.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I like the look of the Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Being in Australia with all our rules, 2 inch is the max lift. I called FCA locally and they said the lift kit was for LHD only. Can anyone confirm that the kit will not work on a RHD JL? Anyone views on improvements gained by using the Mopar kit?
From what others have said, people had a lot of issues with it on the intended LHD vehicles. If you're concerned about ADR, ARB or AEV should be worth checking. ARB since local and I believe AEV had one of the only kits officially approved in Australia although that was for the JK.

Damon

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon JKU
What color is that? Bikini or Hydro Blue?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Finally a build I'd go for!
Sponsored